• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Custom UI color themes

Heldegas

Cricket
Hey lads,

Just stumbled upon some neat stuff while checking the XMLs.

This allows us to change the color themes BNS gives us in OPTIONS => GRAPHICS => THEME SETTINGS, which for the most part are, in my opinion, either bland or not my taste.

This below was a random test to see if and how it worked so pardon the darkness :

RFqi0sA.jpg

As to how, I'll assume you already know how to use BNSBuddy and edit XMLs via the Dat Editor.
(If not, you can check out some wonderful guides on here that will show you how!)

In
xml.dat => client.config2.xml

Search for
ui-skin-color

You'll see the set of 24 themes the game shows in the options

3cGpUCP.png

Now all you have to do is pick a color via an RGB color picker ( google has this one https://www.google.com/search?q=rgb+color+picker ), edit whichever color you which to change, save/compile/apply and you're done !

Just in case, R= Red, G= Green, B= Blue, so edit each value accordingly.

Hope you guys enjoy this and I hope to see some neat color edits in the future from you guys !

Happy holidays !

-Jon

War

Sand Warrior
Thanks ma lady ,And not everyone here is a lady

Thanks for the guide:bnsthumbsup::bnswink:

Last edited:

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
I know this is an old post, but, I recommend you to change the first color instead of the last ones.

This because ncsoft decided to skip a chunk of CSS on most theme colors.

This is how the first color looks like:
na-bns.ncsoft.com_ingame_bs_character_profile_c=%C2%BAA%C2%BA&s=105.png

However, the 2nd and 3rd colors look like this:

na-bns.ncsoft.com_ingame_bs_character_profile_c=%C2%BAA%C2%BA&s=105 (1).png

na-bns.ncsoft.com_ingame_bs_character_profile_c=%C2%BAA%C2%BA&s=105 (2).png

Changing the first color instead of most of the colors will get you the correct f2.

You can check this in http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/search/info and press F12, going to "<head>" and change the first link that says "style1.css" to a number betweer 1 and 24.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This info was discovered by 7orbs, on 04-04-2018.

This is the list he made:
what_colors_have_new_f2.PNG

These UI colors are numbered from 1 to 24, from top to bottom, left to right.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AS OF 2018-12-05, THE F2 STYLE HAS BEEN FIXED!

Last edited:

Heldegas

Cricket
Hey, recently came back to the game and tested this and it's still working for me, not sure what you guys have been doing wrong (or perhaps i changed a setting in the XML that allowed it to work again? Not sure).

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Hey, recently came back to the game and tested this and it's still working for me, not sure what you guys have been doing wrong (or perhaps i changed a setting in the XML that allowed it to work again? Not sure).

Perhaps it was just me.

I forgot to remove the warning.
Was supposed to remove it a while ago, when someone confirmed it was working.

Top Bottom