• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Font UE4 [Mod] JP Font for NA/EU

z4_cola

Cricket
Another modder has made a tutorial for general UE4 modding and font modding before I could get to making mine, so I edited the first post of this thread with the video tutorial. Wishing you success in your font modding!
Thanks for sharing the teaching

How do I get the PAKLIST file

Please

Zommie

Cricket
Donator
License
how to install font ? i put the folfer into mod folder but i dont see it when i refresh
Your mods folder should look like this. And the font is only made for certain regions, so make sure the region is supported. Capture.PNG

Hantelmann

Cricket
Your instructions are "just the the files inn the folder dUdE"

I did that and it doesnt work, congrats

edit: OOOHH I HAD TO PUT THE WHOLE FOLDER IN, THANKS FOR SPECIFYING THAT AND NOT SAYING "MOD FILES"

edit3: jk

Last edited:

Riona

Cricket
This mod used Hora's Roboto Font mod as a template.
Thank you so much for this mod, :bnsrose:which worked me for me better than the up-scaling of robot font, however would you mind adding a bold version to it? i would appreciate it a lot and many people as well ! :bnsplease:

Zommie

Cricket
Donator
License
Thank you so much for this mod, :bnsrose:which worked me for me better than the up-scaling of robot font, however would you mind adding a bold version to it? i would appreciate it a lot and many people as well ! :bnsplease:
Apologies for the late reply. Before I found out how to extract the fonts straight from the game, I had tried "copycat" fonts that were similar. While they work decently, there were issues with it. The other versions of this font are not really fully compatible with the game, causing elements to not fit the UI. I don't recall seeing any bold version of this font but all the copycats I tried from free font sites didn't fit the game.
The font used in the JP client is also only available through a paid font site from Japan, so if there is actually a version of this font that is bold that may be almost identical to the one the game uses, it can only be obtained by paying. I didn't have to pay for the font mod I did because I extracted the exact font used in the JP client via the game files. I hope this explanation makes sense.

kgptzac

Cricket
First of all my thanks for creating this mod. I couldn't play the game without a larger font like this, so it's a game saver for me :)

Now the issues. Today's game update makes mods like this no longer work without certain plugins. Before the mod could work without using bnsbuddy and bnspatch, but sadly it no longer is the case. Therefore, I believe it may be beneficial to update the install procedures lest newbies to bns modding might be confused without it.

Another issue is the occasionally overlapping texts. It's especially vexing for me in the rune etching UI where the old attribute texts will overlap with the new attributes. I'm using 1080p resolution and 90% UI scaling. It would be great if there's a way to solve this issue...

Zommie

Cricket
Donator
License
First of all my thanks for creating this mod. I couldn't play the game without a larger font like this, so it's a game saver for me :)

Now the issues. Today's game update makes mods like this no longer work without certain plugins. Before the mod could work without using bnsbuddy and bnspatch, but sadly it no longer is the case. Therefore, I believe it may be beneficial to update the install procedures lest newbies to bns modding might be confused without it.

Another issue is the occasionally overlapping texts. It's especially vexing for me in the rune etching UI where the old attribute texts will overlap with the new attributes. I'm using 1080p resolution and 90% UI scaling. It would be great if there's a way to solve this issue...
Yup, to use mods now in NA/EU we require a signature bypass and I'll get around to updating this info to all my mods. I believe Endless has added the sigbypass to BnS Buddy to the plugin loader manager.

Another modder made a mod to address font resizing and it could possibly work for the overlapping text. To fix the overlapping text natively with just the font requires the font to be changed completely to the core otherwise. Meaning it has to be changed even before it is modded into the game, so it's not possible for me to do. Here is the link to the font resizer in hopes it may help with your issue: https://mega.nz/folder/oc10SYQK#7FtQMB-zwyPz8nPVnk9lMw

Capture.PNG

HaridadeX

Cricket
do u have the mod remove unity effect? gems/materials in lag if i open inventory '-'

Last edited:
Top Bottom