• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaster27

Cricket
So I usually start the BnS client through the NCSoft launcher after every weeks maintenance to get the updates, but this week when I updated it, and then went back to reapply addons to the client through BnS Buddy, the FPS rate ingame for the re-compiled .xml file for 64 bit client, has dropped dramatically.

Usually I get a clean 50-60fps in Mushin's even when crowded, but when I logged on after apply addons, FPS went down to sit at a 14-15 fps rate consistent. =(

So I just re-did a file check, and they replaced the modded .xml again to the clean one with out addons, and well.

FPS went back up to 60.
Playing with out Addons atm. =(

So I think there something going on when BnS Buddy recompiles the .xml file back to launch the client, maybe the addons or recompilation process has become outdated and poorly optimized for the new client vers.

Can someone else confirm this? Or just me?

ranmaster27

Cricket
Then why is it that my FPS returns to "normal", playing a vanilla launched BnS Client with no addons altered onto the .xml file.
vs.

When starting the client in BnS Buddy, loading the addons unto the .xml file, and then launching, the FPS drops horribly??

This wasn't a problem before until this week...

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Then why is it that my FPS returns to "normal", playing a vanilla launched BnS Client with no addons altered onto the .xml file.
vs.

When starting the client in BnS Buddy, loading the addons unto the .xml file, and then launching, the FPS drops horribly??

This wasn't a problem before until this week...

You're probably running the 32 bit version on the regular client.

I don't know.

I don't live there, don't have your pc and don't know what you *actually* did and do and other variables.

Bottomline: have you tried anything in my previous post? (https://www.bnsbuddy.com/threads/bns-buddy-addons-fps-drop.541/#post-2369 for reference)

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I've already tried your post.
You don't have a clue.
Then have you tried the nvidia fix? Because your issue sounds like it is.
--- Merged ---
You're probably running the 32 bit version on the regular client.

I don't know.

I don't live there, don't have your pc and don't know what you *actually* did and do and other variables.

Bottomline: have you tried anything in my previous post? (https://www.bnsbuddy.com/threads/bns-buddy-addons-fps-drop.541/#post-2369 for reference)
he updated the game, the exe changed and the nvidia profile no longer recognises it.

ranmaster27

Cricket
Yeah I did the Nvidia profile fix, but, It did not improve much, only giving it a trivial 10 more fps, from a depressing 14 fps to 24 fps.
But the weird thing is, launching the clean client the regular NCSoft Launcher gives perfect fps like normal, 60+.

So that's why I'm not sure why when I recompiled the addons to the clean exe, and launch to bns buddy, the fps goes all the way back down to crap.
I've replicated this issue 3 times over just to make sure I'm not just doing shit.

Have you guys been able to replicate this issue on your end?

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Yop, that's what I've resorted to. =/
If not using bns buddy and going on regular launcher causes your fps to go back up, you havent applied the nvidia profile fix properly.

OR you're using use all cores on bns buddy when your cpu isn't unlocked and maxed for performance, which cucks the performance.

Addons, themself; does not affect fps at all. Take note that the compression method is neither out of date or too old.
If I wanted I could compress even more the files and take less place. But I doubt your cpu would be able to handle it.

PS: Updating the client itself and loss of fps is also a symptom of bad nvidia profile.

ranmaster27

Cricket
Take a look.

I don't understand how my profile that works in ncsoft launcher, somehow does not work when loaded through bns buddy launcher.
Is bns buddy using a different nvidia profile when launching the client??

Attachments

• bns_client_nvidia_prof.png
    bns_client_nvidia_prof.png
    289.1 KB · Views: 75

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Take a look.

I don't understand how my profile that works in ncsoft launcher, somehow does not work when loaded through bns buddy launcher.
Is bns buddy using a different nvidia profile when launching the client??
Did you delete the bad Client.exe profile that is conflicting?
Have you uninstalled GeForce Experience?

And was the nvidia profile fix applied from the tuto here?:

ranmaster27

Cricket
Yeah, it only improved it by a few fps, when loading from BnS Buddy. 14fps to 24fps. =(

Launching through default clean client gives me a comfortable 60fps, so idk... Somethings up with BnS Buddy for me.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Did you re-installed the drivers from fresh?

Analyzing a little the profile and i see loads of weird stuff there.

ranmaster27

Cricket
I've actually had to re-update my nvidia graphics driver, and I thought it'd do the trick but, it did not.
I've also learned something new, I think I'm going to have to uninstall bns buddy and reinstall, cause I just did a test.

Launching the client through bns buddy with no settings or addons compiled into the client STILL makes the fps drop. So I'm thinking its the way bns buddy after I updated it, is dealing with the client itself. I will post updates.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
I've actually had to re-update my nvidia graphics driver, and I thought it'd do the trick but, it did not.
I've also learned something new, I think I'm going to have to uninstall bns buddy and reinstall, cause I just did a test.

Launching the client through bns buddy with no settings or addons compiled into the client STILL makes the fps drop. So I'm thinking its the way bns buddy after I updated it, is dealing with the client itself. I will post updates.

That makes no sense, but I will wait for updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom