• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Other [TOOL][JAVA] Character Effect Remover v1.0.8 [Update:04/10/2020]

vetoothe

Cricket
Should be there by Friday. I started working on it yesterday since I finally got some free time at work, intended changes (adding one file permanently and a toggle for fm 3rd files with animations) but I decided to rewrite some of the code which will make it take a bit longer.
i just wanna give u a gigantic thanks you and whoever helped with it too yes it is a glorified copy paste app :D

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Had to do some overtime at work so I will publish new version this Saturday.
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE
17/07/2020 v1.0.7

- Modified handling of properties
- Added 1 3rd spec FM file to static list of files
- Added button to toggle removal of 2 other 3rd spec FM files (due to the fact that those contain both effects and animations)
- Modified bat file to check for existence of Java on system (credits to Cupid)​

Last edited:

Narkemo

Cricket
Hello, can someone tell me the effects for BM (all specs, if possible & badge effects)? I want to use your tool, but still retain those for BM. I have upk from what I was able to find on forums / discord but not entirely sure of all of them since they're not all in the same message. Thank you in advance.

ergiori

Cricket
CHARACTER EFFECT REMOVER
(Yes, it's a glorified copy paste app)

CURRENT VERSION
v1.0.7

You don't have permission to view content!

You don't have permission to view content!

THANKS TO
XRain55 for providing list of UPK containing most of the effects in this thread https://www.bnsbuddy.com/threads/warden-light-great-fix-with-fps.1178/
My friend Aki for reminding me to add 2 kfm wolf files on top of that
Cupid for providing .bat file for the app

DISCLAIMER
Since the app simply moves the files there are possible casualties in terms of things unrelated to character fx, examples known to me would be ball throw in DST and spin throw attack in Mao, those will display a missing texture for a second when those attacks happen, there are more but none should affect the gameplay.
I'm not guaranteeing a stability of this app or that it'll even work for you, it was tested by me and my friend and it worked properly in both cases but critical failure is still possible altho I mitigated most of the possible fail points I was aware of.
The app has a strict file list it should affect but nonetheless I'm in no way responsible for you using this app incorrectly, any damage caused by the app is your responsibility and I will preferably provide help only if app was used correctly (but I don't bite so go ahead and ask for help anyway)

WHAT DOES IT DO?
This tool allows you to remove (and backup) upk files responsible for character effects without removing animations.
I'm unable to allow a removal for specific classes only, as I don't know which file is responsible for what character. (also characters are often mixed between files and that'd require modified .upk files)

WHY WOULD I USE IT?
Skill effect removal ought to improve your performance without removing animations from the characters. From my testing (and others) it does seem to improve fps stability.
It it also useful when used in combination with BNSBuddy animation toggles (for example if you remove animations of your main class using buddy you'll constantly T-pose but with my app you can improve your performance without losing animations on classes you want to keep)

REQUIREMENTS:
Java 1.8 (or newer)
(Note: !THIS MOST LIKELY DOESN'T AFFECT YOU! for most people using development kits 11 and up to run java apps JavaFX is not included anymore thus app may throw a JavaFX error on start, I will fix that but meanwhile if you encounter that issue please use a java release that includes JavaFX)

PLANS (Issues/Fixes/Changes):
Goals:
1. Spotting and fixing possible points of failure that may cause unexpected exceptions (crash/freeze for end user)
2. Implementing functions that could improve usage of the app.)

Issues:
1. TextArea may cause Thread exception that in turn freezes entire app if .appendtext is called too fast in repetition by copypaste Runnable called by a separate Thread
current fix: Implemented StringBuilder to append entire message batch related to current file instead of appending each message separately during the process + calling Thread.sleep in known spots that cause that issue
Reliability status: Uncertain, no issues so far. It's a workaround, not a fix so there's still a possibility that app will freeze. (in that case kill it and rerun) I'll work to fix it permanently. Workaround itself is not ideal as it causes progress messages to appear after Thread is done dealing with a file instead of actively reporting the progress, also Thread.sleep is nasty.

Possible changes:
1. Share the source code through pastebin/github and link it in the thread to allow possible contributions/critique.
2. Implement JNA to allow the app to automatically read CookedPC path (additional button next to picking directory(?))
3. Find out which file corresponds to which class to allow toggling of effects (May require light UI/code overhaul to make it toggle friendly instead of based primarily on user picked directories and arraylist)
4. Change output to always be in the same folder as .jar file (more user friendly, more consistent usage wise, gives it a more stand-alone app feel, especially when combined with directory auto picking from point 2 and toggles from point 3)

CHANGELOG:
UPDATE
17/07/2020 v1.0.7

- Modified handling of properties
- Added 1 3rd spec FM file to static list of files
- Added button to toggle removal of 2 other 3rd spec FM files (due to the fact that those contain both effects and animations)
- Modified bat file to check for existence of Java on system (credits to Cupid)

UPDATE
19/02/2020 v1.0.6

- Added file "00069254" which is responsible for 3rd spec Assassin effects. (Thanks to Hora for providing the number)

UPDATE
18/12/2019 v1.0.5

- Fixed properties/directory check which would allow user to press start/switch even when no directories were chosen or directories didn't include proper keywords.
- Added file "00067307" which is responsible for 3rd spec Destroyer effects.

UPDATE
5/10/2019 v1.0.4

- App no longer removes file "00064820" which is responsible for KFM wolf form animations. It was added by accident and with this version app will only remove effects.
- Added file "00064738" which is responsible for archer effects. Removing archer effects fixes issue with tab which would show a giant missing texture under player.

IMPORTANT
If you are switching to 1.0.4 or above from older version of the app, first recover the files with version you're currently using and then run 1.0.4 and remove effects with it. For more info check changelog for 1.0.4

Since affected files changed in 1.0.4 please report any new or jarring issues in game if those occure.

HOTFIX
02/09/2019 v1.0.3

Important change to the batch file used to run the app.
Fixed an issue where if user were to run the file from a drive different that system drive it would not succeed (and report that it couldn't access a jarfile)
Added verification steps to ensure app changed a directory to one that is expected and that the directory contains jar file

UPDATE
28/08/2019 v1.0.2

- (Thanks to Cupid for creating the batch file) Added .bat file that ensures app runs as admin, saves error logs and many other things. Batch file will output log.log file in the same directory as .jar file that allows for easier view into errors if those occurred.
- Added properties file that will store and load directories used last time by the user.
- Added switch button that will switch directories for easier backup recovery.
- progress bar will change colour to red in case an error occurred or green if process was fully successful.
- Minor code fixes that will hopefully prevent possible errors.

HOTFIX
09/08/2019 v1.0.1

- Ensured that the input streams for MD5 checksum generation are being closed as soon as the checksum is done generating (fixes unlikely but possible file block)
- Added printStackTrace() in case of a controlled ERROR reported within the app, it'll be shown in a command line (if user chose to run it through command line) and will be wrapped by a message pointing at the exact ERROR message shown within the app (May dump them into a text file instead in one of the future updates for the sake of simplicity)

RELEASE
08/08/2019 v1.0

- app release

HOW TO USE IT:
Run the app through start.bat file, otherwise you may encounter errors related to
permissions (because in some cases app may require admin rights) that'll prevent the app from functioning properly

UNPACK ZIP FILE AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ONE FOLDER WITH .jar and .bat files

REMOVAL
1. Start the app through start.bat file
2. Pick your CookedPC folder as FROM directory.
3.Pick your backup folder as TO directory.
4. Start button should unlock, press it.
5. If bar turned red check log window (or generated log.log file in same directory as .jar, it has more info). If you are unable to fix the error (look FAQ) contact me here.

RESTORATION
1. Start the app through start.bat file
2. Pick your backup folder as FROM directory.
3.Pick your CookedPC folder as TO directory.
4. Start button should unlock, press it.
5. If bar turned red check log window (or generated log.log file in same directory as .jar, it has more info). If you are unable to fix the error (look FAQ) contact me here.

HOW DOES IT WORK:
1. After you pick 2 existing directories where at least one includes "CookedPC" Start button will unlock
2. App will start to iterate through an array of known effect file names
3. In case of a found match it will attempt to generate MD5 checksum of the file in FROM destination (otherwise, error)
3. Then it will attempt to copy the file to TO directory (otherwise error)
4. It will attempt to generate MD5 checksum of created copy (otherwise error)
5. It will compare checksums (otherwise error)
6. IT will attempt to delete original file (otherwise error)

Any error stops the entire process for that specific file and moves to the next one, every error is listed in output window

FAQ:
1. What does "[ERROR] FAILED TO READ SOURCE DIRECTORY" or "[ERROR] FAILED TO READ OUTPUT DIRECTORY" mean?
This error appears when after choosing a directory, the File object (which holds directory you've picked) returns false when checked if it is a legitimate directory, shouldn't happen during regular use, should be fixable by simply retrying to pick a destination.

2. What does "[ERROR] File xxxx doesn't exist" mean?
This error appears when xxxx effect file is not present in FROM directory, check if the file is present, if it isn't then it wasn't there in the first place and no actions were taken (and app moves to next file). If the file is still in FROM directory and error repeats contact me in this thread.

3. What does ""[ERROR] Failed to generate original MD5 sum for xxxx" mean?
This error occurs when the app wasn't able to generate MD5 checksum for file xxxx but it was present. After that error no actions are taken and app moves to the next file. If error persists contact me here.

4. What does "[ERROR] File xxxx failed to copy"?
This error means that xxxx file MD5 checksum was generated but file itself failed to copy to TO directory. After that error no actions are taken and app moves to the next file, there's a possibility that you may find a corrupted file in TO directory, remove it. If error persists contact me here.

5. What does "[ERROR] Failed to generate copy MD5 sum for xxxx" mean?
This error means that the file was copied to TO directory but app failed to generate MD5 sum for that file, in this case original file won't be removed for safety reasons, you can rerun the app to try again as it overwrites files in TO directory, removing original file is not recommended as you cannot be sure backup file is not corrupted. If error persists contact me here.

6. What does "[error] MD5 check failed for xxxx" mean?
This error means that copy process and MD5 checksum generation were successful but MD5 checksum comparison between original and copy of the file failed. In this case original file won't be removed for safety reasons, you can rerun the app to try again as it overwrites files in TO directory. DO NOT REMOVE ORIGINAL FILE MANUALLY, unless checksum generation failed the copy file is corupted and guaranteed to not work in case you want to use it in recovery process. If error persists contact me here.

7. What does "[ERROR] Source file xxxx failed to delete" mean?
This error means that the entire process was successful, backup file should not be corrupted and you are free to remove the file manually (altho i'd recommend rerunning the app for the sake of safety) If error persists contact me here. (but first try to run the app as admin (run through cmd (and run cmd as admin)) as it may be a permission issue due to your Windows settings and status of your Windows account on your pc)

JAR VIRUSTOTAL:

LIBRARIES USED:
javafx-sdk-12.0.1
commons-io-2.6
commons-codec-1.13​

I get https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553097894962397194/742176448047087756/unknown.png ... and I can still see effects.. help??
This is what I have in my files thing https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553097894962397194/742177435637907456/unknown.png
I ran it as administrator, I put a new empty "cookedpc-backup" folder where the cookedpc folder is, I have bns buddy but I made sure to enable all animations on the extra settings, I did the repair files option in the bns launcher, I'm running a 32bit launcher option in the bns launcher and bns buddy, I have mods and add-ons but im not sure if any of them interfere with this mod... it says im missing files... so idk what to do, help?
here are the "files" im missing..
[ERROR] File 00056127 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00059534 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060548 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060549 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060550 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060551 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060552 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060553 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060554 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060555 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060556 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060557 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060558 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060729 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00064821 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00064738 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00067307 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00069254 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00072638 doesn't exist
[INFO] 19 errors during the process
[INFO] In case of errors check log file and READ ME file

Last edited:

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Sorry for late replies. Just so everyone knows I've been kinda moving away from BnS in favour of FFXIV (and also i've been super busy with irl stuff) so I may be less active but i'll try to keep this tool alive.

Hello, can someone tell me the effects for BM (all specs, if possible & badge effects)? I want to use your tool, but still retain those for BM. I have upk from what I was able to find on forums / discord but not entirely sure of all of them since they're not all in the same message. Thank you in advance.

If you look a few pages back I posted a list there
:bnswink:

I get https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553097894962397194/742176448047087756/unknown.png ... and I can still see effects.. help??
This is what I have in my files thing https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553097894962397194/742177435637907456/unknown.png
I ran it as administrator, I put a new empty "cookedpc-backup" folder where the cookedpc folder is, I have bns buddy but I made sure to enable all animations on the extra settings, I did the repair files option in the bns launcher, I'm running a 32bit launcher option in the bns launcher and bns buddy, I have mods and add-ons but im not sure if any of them interfere with this mod... it says im missing files... so idk what to do, help?
here are the "files" im missing..
[ERROR] File 00056127 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00059534 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060548 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060549 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060550 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060551 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060552 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060553 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060554 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060555 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060556 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060557 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060558 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00060729 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00064821 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00064738 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00067307 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00069254 doesn't exist
[ERROR] File 00072638 doesn't exist
[INFO] 19 errors during the process
[INFO] In case of errors check log file and READ ME file

Ok so very simple thing. This error is being returned if file in "FROM" directory doesn't exists. Please ensure that those files aren't actually in either of the folders. If that's the case then BnS just didn't download them for some reason and there isn't much I can do about it. If they are there then we can look into it further (although I see no reason for it to successfully move only a part of the files (since I assume you also get a bunch of successfully moved files)

Also I would recommend moving backup folder out of the game folder. I'm not sure how deep/where the game scans for UPK files but often backing them up in BnS would just make the game load them anyway. Also yes if any of the mods you have affects effect files for skills and stuff (basically clashes with files my app moves) then that mod will simply reintroduce that file (since buddy mods are stored in a different directory than I remove the files from)

Ryuzu

Cricket
Any knows what's the .upk of BNS 13th new class - 천도사 (Thunderer)
need remove these effect QAQ

chaoyenchung

Cricket
如何清除BM 3rd文件

How to eliminate BM 3rd files

Last edited:

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
如何清除BM 3rd文件

How to eliminate BM 3rd files

You can look back at my old messages, there should be a list of files in a spoiler tag somewhere.

UPDATE
04/10/2020 v1.0.8
-Added files "00072639" and "00072642" responsible for new class "Astromancer"​

Last edited:
Top Bottom