• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Tool (Buddy) Dat Editor (2020)

I decided to make this tool to render dat editing easier.
So you won't need BnS Buddy for your dat editing needs.

It works the same way as BnSBuddy does, but you only have to chose the paths manually.

How to use:
(Optional if NA/EU) 0-Press Keys and select the region key you need
1-Press Browse Button (in File Select tab)
1.5-Browse to the folder containing the Dat files you want to manipulate/edit
2-Select the item(dat) in the dropbox on the right of browse button
3-Select the file to edit in the tree below
4-(Editor tab opens automatically) You can do the changes desired to the file
5-CTRL+S to save changes.

DONE

There's also the good old fashion way of compiling/decompiling the whole file
in EXPORT/IMPORT tab

You don't have permission to view content!

You don't have permission to view content!

TL;DR: I will not update this tool or add any features to it.

Last edited:
There is another bad sign.:bnsshock:
The version of dat files has changed in CN test server in yesterday.

It's seem like the files has added a secondary key and a hash check sys,but I can determine they worded in local.

I think the agent for CN server is so angry about modifing skills that the key changed so frequently in recently.
Anyway,this may be updated to global server in future.

Do you want to solve it continue?

I love BNS, but I hate Tencent.
Post automatically merged:

KR server started a three-week career balance modification, and will be synchronized to all servers in the world in the future. Maybe the latest encryption method will also be synchronized?
Ncsoft's designers may not have a reasonable skill set in our players' eyes, and they have not tested the game in depth. They designed the skills, but they just put them on the buttons at will. We changed the XML only to rearrange the skills on the button, without changing any skill parameters. If I just rearrange the position of my professional skills, I think it's a reasonable behavior, because it can make me more happy without any malicious damage.
Sadly, now I can't change it.

Last edited:
There is another bad sign.:bnsshock:
The version of dat files has changed in CN test server in yesterday.

It's seem like the files has added a secondary key and a hash check sys,but I can determine they worded in local.

I think the agent for CN server is so angry about modifing skills that the key changed so frequently in recently.
Anyway,this may be updated to global server in future.

Do you want to solve it continue?
From the attitude of Chinese agents to bns helper (a CN one-click to receive webpage activities / modify xml or fashion patch software), they do not care about some convenience changes
But some Destroyer players changed the skill interval by modifying the xml, increased millions of damage, and publicly flaunted this is their skill.
The third Destroyer faction of CN is mighty without modifying xml, and when other players complain that Destroyer has too much damage, they attribute it to the technique of modifying xml and the technique of setting mouse macro.
This made other players feel angry and eventually led agents to weaken Destroyer and strengthen the encryption of XML

From the attitude of Chinese agents to bns helper (a CN one-click to receive webpage activities / modify xml or fashion patch software), they do not care about some convenience changes
But some Destroyer players changed the skill interval by modifying the xml, increased millions of damage, and publicly flaunted this is their skill.
The third Destroyer faction of CN is mighty without modifying xml, and when other players complain that Destroyer has too much damage, they attribute it to the technique of modifying xml and the technique of setting mouse macro.
This made other players feel angry and eventually led agents to weaken Destroyer and strengthen the encryption of XML
If you know XML, I think you should know that changing XML does not add new skills, but optimizes the priority of skills, rearranges skills to better use them, removes redundant skills, and so on.
All classes can optimize XML, and improve their ability by optimizing XML, which I understand as discovering potential. As we all know, game designers don't play games, they only care about how much money players spend in the game, and they don't care about whether the players have a good time. In many cases, they need players to optimize themselves.

If you know XML, I think you should know that changing XML does not add new skills, but optimizes the priority of skills, rearranges skills to better use them, removes redundant skills, and so on.
All classes can optimize XML, and improve their ability by optimizing XML, which I understand as discovering potential. As we all know, game designers don't play games, they only care about how much money players spend in the game, and they don't care about whether the players have a good time. In many cases, they need players to optimize themselves.
Yes, I know that, I also modify skills. Changing XML does not add new skills but may speed up the release of skills, because part of Skill move and swing has been canceled, which makes it possible for you to exceed the limits of normal people or the limits of the current network status. You can use it secretly, but when he is exposed on a large scale, it is when he is banned, because from the operator's point of view, this is all illegal.In January, after changing the skill of demon man, I warned you not to change the skill. At least you stay in your own small group and try to change it secretly. Otherwise, everyone has not changed it.
You can refer to the NC ’s previous modification of skill-global-cool-latency-time, the value can tadditional latency when using a skill, such as an Assassin and Summoner can be greatly improved, so it has actually been auto-bias-global-cool- time instead.
Like Blade Master and Force Master are also modifying skills, and the history is longer, but there is no big difference except for being more comfortable. In addition, the bns helper has modified several file for several years, so you should understand where the operator's restricted area is. You can modify the convenience, but improve their ability is prohibited.
If improve their ability cannot be prohibited, then xml modification is prohibited. You should know that there are multiple files that are encrypted twice in the xml. The NC only encrypts the skill part for the second time. Then other convenient modifications have the opportunity to be restored. If the NC starts the hash check, then everyone is fine, and Will definitely become more stuttered Screenshot_2020_0511_110605.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom