• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Tool BnSDatTool

velkyriel

Cricket
May I ask politely about some guide like a step by step on how to do it without mistake?
I already have a Local.dat of Bns West provided by Cupid senpai.

I'm new to any of this and I'm alone.

I will patiently wait for anyone who can explain the process step by step and thankyou in advance.

Pls?

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Why there is no tutorial on how to do this step by step?

The tutorial is in the first page.

Here's a copy:

How to use BnsDatTool

• Dat Files
Just select the .dat file and click unpack for repack just select repack folder and click repack.

• Bin Files
Same as .dat files but there are no way to repack a .bin file.

• Translate
Target=what you want to be translated(local.dat or local64.dat).
Source=File from where you going to copy the translation ex: Blade & Soul NA(local.dat or local64.dat).
Click Start and wait for it to finish.

Orelus

Cricket
Hi everyone, I live in Japan and want to put the game in english. I think I understand how it works, but I need to have the local.dat in English to make the translation right? anyone can give it to me? Anywhere I can find it?

Thanks a lot and thanks to the team for the very hard work!

Orelus

Cricket
Thanks a lot! You sent me an XML, how does this works? (sorry hah). In the BnsDatTool Im supposed to used the US local.dat right?

Goni

Cricket
the repackaging method is used by two versions of the utility to set the translation

Attachments

• BnsDatTool.zip
    349.7 KB · Views: 161

Orelus

Cricket
Man I suck at this, I download your BnsdatTool you sent but not sure how this works (I'm so sorry) What do I need to do with this XML? (I tried to merge it with the original local64.dat but doesn't work)

Goni

Cricket
new utility on the site download

unpack with the new utility

the old utility I sent you

setting her a translation

how to pack the old utility

unpack again with the old utility close the old utility and pack the new one

finish

forgive me for my English

Orelus

Cricket
What do I need to unpack? the XML you sent me or the local.dat? Thanks for helping me! (Where are you from?)

Erlbnische

Cricket
Sorry I don't quite understand the tutorial, may I know a simpler way to use the tool?

For example,
Which .dat do I unpack?
Which bin file exactly do I put in dump? Is it .xml in BNSTW?
Do I use local64.dat for target? And I think I don't have the NA translation for source.

Thank you so much in advance

EDIT: I've done what I can, hopefully the translation tool is updated for TW, since it doesn't work right now. Thanks for the hardwork!

Last edited:

Orelus

Cricket
Sorry I don't quite understand the tutorial, may I know a simpler way to use the tool?

For example,
Which .dat do I unpack?
Which bin file exactly do I put in dump? Is it .xml in BNSTW?
Do I use local64.dat for target? And I think I don't have the NA translation for source.

Thank you so much in advance

Same as you... I'm super lost haha. Let me know if you find a way!

lozy

Cricket
Hi, I'm now playing on TH
But the translate is not working for me.

I have my target set to my TH's local64.bat
And source as Taiwan BnS's local64.bat because I'm a Taiwanese and now migrated to other regions.

When I logged into the game, the texts are blank. Did I do anything wrong?

Orelus

Cricket
I'M trying right now as well, JP server, and want to translate in English. Every time I try something, it just stays grey indefinitely :(

Jerwin

Cricket
Thanks for the tool.

I am trying to use the Translate tab feature to translate JP local64.dat to English (NA) but the tool buttons just turn grey and nothing happens. What do?
Post automatically merged:

Looks like I got an English patch working for the JP version using Goni's (posted above) workaround. Here's what (I think) did it.

(Perform the following on local.dat instead of local64.dat if you play in 32-bit)

1. Using the latest version of the BnsDatTool (download from 1st post), "Dat Files" tab, "Unpack" both the JP and EN local64.dat.

2. Using Goni's old version of the BnsDatTool (download above), "Translate" tab, "Export" both the JP and EN local64.dat.

3. Using Goni's old version of the BnsDatTool (download above), "Translate" tab, select the JP local64.dat and "Merge" it with the EN Translation64.xml.

4. Using Goni's old version of the BnsDatTool (download above), "Translate" tab, click "Translate", once done click "Pack".

5. Using the latest version of the BnsDatTool (download from 1st post), "Dat Files" tab, "Repack" the JP local64.dat.

Run game using BnS Buddy with unattended ticked.

I've got the English patch working again after an update. I edited my procedure above to what should now be the correct procedure.

The latest BnsDatTool doesn't appear to be able to unpack NA local64.dat files anymore so I'm not able to create new English patches. Will the tool be updated?

Image of attempt to unpack NA local64.dat:

Also, I noticed that cutscene subtitles were not getting translated. These appear to be in the unpacked file textdata.subtitle.x16 located in the local64.dat.files\text folder. The format for the EN file and the JP file match so I've just been overwriting the JP file with the EN version before packing the local64.dat. Cutscene subtitles now appear in English, but sometimes the image? where it introduces a new NPC during a cutscene gets messed up. Worth the tradeoff to get the subtitles in English I think, so I'm sharing these details for potential improvements to the tool's translation features.

Last edited:
Top Bottom