• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Updating One Click Tool database

Liz

Cricket
Yeah its taking about that, maybe a bit more but you don't really have to do that step (icon_dumper). You can use icons from database uploaded by Wiper008
You will not have most recent icons but you can see item/costume in preview made by shooter anyway.

Miian

Cricket
This is all i get when trying the ACTION step.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 153

Liz

Cricket
Its not that hard, just time consuming. Anyway first you need working "Blade and Soul One Click Tool". That "grunt is not recognized" is probably from not installing it right.

This is all i get when trying the ACTION step.
It probably mean u need to install "Node.js" Step 6 and following in Install part from guide below.

Here is guide to install B&S one Click Tool https://www.bnsbuddy.com/index.php?threads/blade-and-soul-one-click-tool.29/
Once that is working updating database should go smoothly, just remember to have no spaces in path to game and B&S one Click Tool.

Roxas

Cricket
Hi, is it possible to pause the shooter and resume later or skip costumes and only screenshot weaponskins? Because reshooting every single costume from the Beginning is really time consuming.

Liz

Cricket
It is possible but i didn't found easy way to do it. I recently updated only lyn female costumes and shooter took about 15min which is quite ok i guess.

After running upk_preparer you need to delete files that don't interest you from Blade_and_Soul_One_Click_Tool\database\upk\log
idk what exactly interest you but i found what interest me by searching for lynf tag inside files and deleting all other files.

But be aware that deleting other files will also remove them from you new database so you might wanna backup files (inside Blade_and_Soul_One_Click_Tool\database\costume\data and so on) and restore them after completing updating what you want.

XTGMods

Bamboo Warrior
A question, the content inside game installation folders is different depending on region right? So, let's say if I download and install NA Blade and Soul, will the game folder inside NA be different to CN Blade and Soul game folder? If that is the case, will I have to run the one click tool in the CN game folder in order to download or update CN database?

Last edited:

Hokke

Cricket
there was a problem with "grunt upk_purser"
Code:
Fatal error: [BstUpkParser] Error in parsing mesh.xml: Error: Non-whitespace before first tag.
Line: 0
Column: 1
Char: L
    at error (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\node_modules\xml2js\node_modules\sax\lib\sax.js:666:10)
    at strictFail (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\node_modules\xml2js\node_modules\sax\lib\sax.js:692:7)
    at beginWhiteSpace (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\node_modules\xml2js\node_modules\sax\lib\sax.js:965:7)
    at Object.write (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\node_modules\xml2js\node_modules\sax\lib\sax.js:1006:11)
    at Parser.exports.Parser.Parser.parseString (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\node_modules\xml2js\lib\xml2js.js:502:31)
    at Parser.parseString (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\node_modules\xml2js\lib\xml2js.js:7:59)
    at BstUpkParser.start (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\src\upk\bst_upk_parser.js:196:17)
    at Object.Task_UpkParser (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\Gruntfile.js:223:17)
    at Object.thisTask.fn (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\node_modules\grunt\lib\grunt\task.js:82:16)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\Новая_папка\BladeSoulTool_v2.0.7\BladeSoulTool\node_modules\grunt\lib\util\task.js:301:30)

Liz

Cricket
@Hokke
If you tried all steps from beginning again already and if your config seems fine then i would recommend changing path so it don't contain those Russian? letters. Some parts of tool might don't like anything else than classic English letters. If it don't help i would recommend reinstalling node.js

@Inevertias
I don't have other version but from what i saw folder will be named different but probably if you configure everything right it should work for you too.
Databases probably differ a bit from region to region but unless you wanna some certain skin (unavailable in other regions) you can run database from other region as most of skins/costumes are the same for different versions.

Phenix060

Cricket
hi i try to update the database 1st time i try to do that , i'm in this step:

Download bnsdat from
https://github.com/Mellowz/bnsdattools/releases
(first file)

now extract bnsdat into
Code:
\resources\dedat
After you extracted tool fetch xml.dat file from your game client and copy it in dedat folder

Edit translate.bat file so it looks like this:
Code:
@echo off
bnsdat.exe -x xml.dat
It will take a while for tool to decrypt xml.dat, after it's done all files will be decrypted into folder "xml.dat.file", just move all contents from this folder into \resouces\dedat\output

i got it still in edit the translated.dat :
the original :
Code:
@echo off

:: PLACE THIS SCRIPT IN THE SAME DIRECTORY WITH 'XML.DAT'
:: MAKE A BACKUP OF 'XML.DAT'

bnsdat.exe -e xml.dat
bnsdat.exe -t xml.dat.files
bnsdat.exe -c xml.dat.files
rmdir /s /q xml.dat.files

pause
exit
and the edited :
Code:
@echo off

:: PLACE THIS SCRIPT IN THE SAME DIRECTORY WITH 'XML.DAT'
:: MAKE A BACKUP OF 'XML.DAT'

bnsdat.exe -x xml.dat
bnsdat.exe -t xml.dat.files
bnsdat.exe -c xml.dat.files
rmdir /s /q xml.dat.files

pause
exit

but when it's working i see the xml.dat.files created with file adding inside , but once the translated.bat finish working the xml.dat.files disappear so i can't copy it inside \resouces\dedat\output like said because it's gone once the program finish working ( the translated.bat)

edit:

after some research found that was the last line in the code who was the problem " rmdir /s /q xml.dat.files ".

But quick thinking after thought hope it will work in game cuz i use like said xml.dat but i play with 64 bit client saw a xml64.dat but it didn't work with that.

Last edited:

atibum

Cricket
where can i get the lastest database from KR server ?
I want to mod the warrior great sword into BM sword so much :(
Can u help me ?

Phenix060

Cricket
Hi is it possible to update just for a specific race /gender ? like i would only want to update Jin F, how should i do it please if it possible ? because updating the whole database take lot of time ^^;

Keinodite

Cricket
Hi. I wanted to ask something about this:

I'm following the steps but I'm lost here. I don't have a xml.dat file on NCWEST/ENGLISH/data i have a local.dat file

There is one xml.dat file but on the folder NCWEST/data

Anybody knows what should I do? Thanks a lot.

Sander093

Cricket
When doing the update I run into an issue when running upk_parser, I keep getting: FATAL ERROR process out of memory. Is there a way around this or a fix of sorts(like being able to give it more memory as I have plenty of RAM/MM to spare).

sergej

Cricket
I also have error during upk_parser but a little bit different: It works for some time and then tries to write something and then error..
In summary:
all goes well until upk_parser step and then after successfuly reading (all?) files it says:
Code:
Warning: Cannot call method 'replace' of  undefined Use --force to continue.
d6d40d956272234

d6d40d956272234.jpg

--- Merged ---
I have continued to update and it seems got everthing working but all new outfits are missing for some reason. (No fantasy, no new swimsuits).

weow

Cricket
So im on the upk_parser step and i was getting this error all the time (https://prnt.sc/kr7ysn)
Im pretty sure i did everything right step by step but still idk
Tried to edit that mesh.xml file and see if i could fix the "non-whitespace before first tag".
Turns out not only i couldnt fix it but also i fucked it up and now many of what were values before, are question marks lmao and i dont think thats good (https://prnt.sc/kr81az)
Any idea how to fix the error in the first place? and could anybody pls share the mesh.xml with me since mine is now useless i guess? it should be placed in the tool folder\resources\others

Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom