• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Other [TOOL][JAVA] Character Effect Remover v1.0.8 [Update:04/10/2020]

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
@HoloWiseWolf Do U know upk for WL ? Cause I want to keep WL effect while remove the other
I've tried those 00060556, 00023411, 00023412 but it's missing some effect (dragon call for example)

Then those effects may be in files of other classes or in files with multiple classes. Try 00009393 and/or 00013263. May break your game cuz those should contain multiple classes. If not then mb you have a mod that modifies files with those specific skills or it's in one of the other files my app moves.

adrenar

Cricket
Hello. I have a problem. The Effect Remover does not remove all of the skill's effects for 3rd spec BM and KFM. Is it supposed to be like that?

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Hello. I have a problem. The Effect Remover does not remove all of the skill's effects for 3rd spec BM and KFM. Is it supposed to be like that?

It should remove everything. If you see any skills it means that either it didn't remove a file (which should be reported to you in log file if you used bat file to start it and in the app itself in text field and by bar turning red) in case you don't have access to log file just rerun the app and see if it shows any errors about failing to move files (it should return that files do not exist for all of them if it worked properly the first time you used it)
BUT
More likely scenario tho is that you have mods installed that reintroduce files for those 2 classes. my app doesn't affect files used by buddy (since those are stored in a different place) so if you install a mod that let's say removes dragon call on WL then even tho my app removed WL files that specific modified file will still be loaded by the game since it's stored in a different directory.

adrenar

Cricket
It should remove everything. If you see any skills it means that either it didn't remove a file (which should be reported to you in log file if you used bat file to start it and in the app itself in text field and by bar turning red) in case you don't have access to log file just rerun the app and see if it shows any errors about failing to move files (it should return that files do not exist for all of them if it worked properly the first time you used it)
BUT
More likely scenario tho is that you have mods installed that reintroduce files for those 2 classes. my app doesn't affect files used by buddy (since those are stored in a different place) so if you install a mod that let's say removes dragon call on WL then even tho my app removed WL files that specific modified file will still be loaded by the game since it's stored in a different directory.

Yeah, thanks a lot I figured it out, you should probably mention it in the post if you haven't already to remove all the mods which remove effects before using Effect Remover. :)

Regime

Cricket
Hey, thanks for the great work, been using it for awhile now.

Anyway since 2 weeks ago I guess? (Since I only patched my game this wednesday hoping for fishing fix)
Effect remover doesn't remove Steelfeather proc and Pet guardian shield - re-ran your program a bunch of times but without succes.
Did they change these effects to different UPK ? or is it just me

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Hey, thanks for the great work, been using it for awhile now.

Anyway since 2 weeks ago I guess? (Since I only patched my game this wednesday hoping for fishing fix)
Effect remover doesn't remove Steelfeather proc and Pet guardian shield - re-ran your program a bunch of times but without succes.
Did they change these effects to different UPK ? or is it just me

I'll look into it after this weekend since I have finals.

I'm not sure of those effects are included in files I remove so

1) make sure app removes all files as intended
2) check if you don't have any mods in buddy that may reintroduce it (or mb you didn't install a mod that removes those effects?)
3) check your settings, I run my tool + all on 1 and I don't recall seeing those effects recently tho I didn't update the game since the last major patch.

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Is there a way to remove only Dragoncall and Dragon Helix from warlock?

Pretty sure there may already be mods for that. If not then you have to find a file that contains those and edit them out.

is there a way to fix broken (pink) textures that occur sometimes? (mao spin, rt adds and similar)

If you edit the files that contain those effects so that file still contains textures but not effects then yes.

Matty122

Cricket
so, ure basically telling me that this is possible and that u dont intend on fixing it, but rather keeping it like that? xD i mean, textures get broken when u use effect remover, not if ure not using it, so there is something that effect remover removes and that isnt supposed to be removed ? Isnt it easier to just complately remove the broken textures or leave them intact? Either complately remove or leave intact is rather better than broken textures

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
so, ure basically telling me that this is possible and that u dont intend on fixing it, but rather keeping it like that? xD i mean, textures get broken when u use effect remover, not if ure not using it, so there is something that effect remover removes and that isnt supposed to be removed ? Isnt it easier to just complately remove the broken textures or leave them intact? Either complately remove or leave intact is rather better than broken textures

OR you could at least read through the thread and you'd understand why I won't do it.

Matty122

Cricket
Dont get me wrong , man, i respect ur work and u actually did more for playerbase than bns devs did in couple of months, thing is i read through the post, and only place where you mention faulty textures is where you say that "broken textures do not affect gameplay". Though I agree with it, it simply makes game ugly and faulty and if there is a way of fixing it, im simply saying why not ?

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Dont get me wrong , man, i respect ur work and u actually did more for playerbase than bns devs did in couple of months, thing is i read through the post, and only place where you mention faulty textures is where you say that "broken textures do not affect gameplay". Though I agree with it, it simply makes game ugly and faulty and if there is a way of fixing it, im simply saying why not ?

Because it'd require a lot of work for an app that's supposed to be really simple and maintenance free ^^' First, I have no experience modifying UPK files. Second, UPK files in B&S contain mix of things so sometimes if you remove a file containing effects you will also remove other stuff simply because it's in the same file. That's why Archer was a rainbow puke untill I added effects file to the app, textures used by Archer were most likely added to the files my app was already removing before. (simply, it's not just about adjusting what my app does, I would have to introduce an entire complicated side process)
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE
19/02/2020 v1.0.6

- Added file "00069254" which is responsible for 3rd spec Assassin effects. (Thanks to Hora for providing the number, I have not yet confirmed that it works properly in game myself (I don't have a sin) so if you have any issues tell me)​

Last edited:

Regime

Cricket
Hi, i found the upk that contains steelfeather proc and pet guardian shield effect:

"00007917" - Pet shield
"00056126" - steelfeather proc

o/ dunno if it has other stuff, atleast not the new soul proc effect

Last edited:

Hantelmann

Cricket
The effect remover tool has an undesired effect on 3rd spec sin effects. I've done a lot of testing today. Usually, while having all effects enabled, the Phantom Assassin skill called "Night Reaver" is supposed to produce whiteish outlined backflip clones as an effect animation as you can see here. They are different from purely black clones that don't do backflips and are produced by Twilight Slash and Twilight Strike (RMB & F).
Now when you use the effect remove to move all the supposed upk's from the CookedPC folder, but manually move the designated 3rd spec sin upk (00069254) back into the CookedPC folder, the whiteish backflip clones still won't show. That means that some upk other than 00069254 is related to 3rd spec sin effects.

Also, for some reason, removing all the effect upk's with the tool and then moving them back into CookedPC by hand STILL doesn't give you back the backflip clones, which leads me to the only conclusion that the tool is doing more than simply moving files. I've double checked this whole process with another system and the results were the same. No backflip clones, and the tool is somehow eating the clones, even if you move all of the removed upk's back into CookedPC by hand.

Top Bottom