• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Solved Perfomance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athaya

Cricket
Hiya!
Guys what i can do to cure my fps during fights? I have 100-110 fps via bnsbuddy out of combat but as soon as the combat starts the lag is insane. Situation gets worser the larger the party. 6 ppl party is kinda okaaay but 12 ppl raid is the end of the world. Fps drops to 0-10, sometimes the game even freezes for a few seconds... Low-High settings doesn't help and change nothing. I'm returning player and i had no issues with the game on the same PC like 2 years ago xD Thanks.

Last edited:

aerwalk

Cricket
Donator
License
if you use nvidia, i recommend using the nvidia profile fix.

turning off FTH via registry is something that really helps too.

Athaya

Cricket
if you use nvidia, i recommend using the nvidia profile fix.

turning off FTH via registry is something that really helps too.
Unfortunately i use Radeon RX 590. Turn FTH off in bnsbuddy options?
Edit: I tried the FTH advice it didnt help =/

Last edited:

Toni

Cricket
hi ich bin bin Evonator und kann dir bei allem helfen wass du willst wenn ich die Zeit habe adde mich einfach mal bei Zwietracht und dann mache ich ein paar einstellungen mit dir (Evonator | Toni#0425)

P.S: wenn dein pc gut genug ist

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
What CPU do you have?
Have you tried to enable "High Quality Motion Blur"?
Have you tried to use the AMD fix in Extras?
Have you tried disabling some classes effects?
Have you tried to use "No Texture Streaming"?

What else have you tried?

Athaya

Cricket
What CPU do you have?
Have you tried to enable "High Quality Motion Blur"?
Have you tried to use the AMD fix in Extras?
Have you tried disabling some classes effects?
Have you tried to use "No Texture Streaming"?

What else have you tried?
Hello!
- I have old AMD FX-8350 processor
- I have not tried to apply "High quality motion blur", will try now
- I use amd fix in settings, see no changes ingame
- i disabled all class effects and animations (except my own) through bnsbuddy and upk manager, to be honest i see no changes in fps with or without these tweaks
- No texture streaming enabled

I also tried to disable windows 10 defender antivirus, no effect. I tried to switch in fullscreen mode with alt + enter = game freezes and i have to restart PC.
I also tried this (don't know how to explain in english): i set high perfomance for bns application in windows 10 (attached file).

Thanks.

Attachments

• perfoman.png
    perfoman.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 50

Athaya

Cricket
Have you tried what's in https://www.bnsbuddy.com/index.php?threads/common-errors-and-possible-fixes.39/ ?

Have you checked that nothing else is using your CPU?
Have you checked the CPU temperatures?
How much RAM do you have?
Yeah i tried some steps from that thread, unfortunately, nothing helped.

While i play bns nothing else is using CPU.
The temperature for the cpu while i play is 67-70 C. But i guess this is ok with this cpu :D
It is 10 gb ram 1333 mhz.

P.S. Tried Bloom + HQMB = no effect, still stuttering a lot during fight.

Last edited:

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Try disabling "No Texture Streaming".
Your RAM is kinda low, and seeing the age of the hardware, I doubt you have an SSD.

Also, make sure the memory cleaner is set to 15 minutes or more, if you have it enabled.

Athaya

Cricket
Try disabling "No Texture Streaming".
Your RAM is kinda low, and seeing the age of the hardware, I doubt you have an SSD.

Also, make sure the memory cleaner is set to 15 minutes or more, if you have it enabled.
I have 2 SSD system and for other stuff. "No texture streaming" does nothing toward this stuttering issue unfortunately.
Actually i tried everything i could in bnsbuddy and across blade and soul forums and nothing helped. Anyway thanks for trying to help.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
I have 2 SSD system and for other stuff. "No texture streaming" does nothing toward this stuttering issue unfortunately.
Actually i tried everything i could in bnsbuddy and across blade and soul forums and nothing helped. Anyway thanks for trying to help.

Have you checked your temperatures?
And have you tried d912pxy?

Have you verified if your PC is running on the high performance energy plan?
Did you try to disable Windows update temporarily?

Have you added the bns folder to the whitelist in your antivirus?

Athaya

Cricket
Have you checked your temperatures?
And have you tried d912pxy?

Have you verified if your PC is running on the high performance energy plan?
Did you try to disable Windows update temporarily?

Have you added the bns folder to the whitelist in your antivirus?
Yeah d912pxy did a lot to the fps out of combat, but during fights it didn't help. Temperatures are kinda fine.
Yeah pc is on high perfomance.
What do you mean disable windows update temporarily? Rollback some updates?
I disabled windows defender and i have no other antivirus installed.
Post automatically merged:

I just don't understand how fps drops right when my character or other characters hit the boss. It is not like my graphics card cannot handle all the effects i played black desert online on the highest settings with solid 60 fps :D I think it is something else...

Last edited:

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah d912pxy did a lot to the fps out of combat, but during fights it didn't help. Temperatures are kinda fine.
Yeah pc is on high perfomance.
What do you mean disable windows update temporarily? Rollback some updates?
I disabled windows defender and i have no other antivirus installed.

I just don't understand how fps drops right when my character or other characters hit the boss. It is not like my graphics card cannot handle all the effects i played black desert online on the highest settings with solid 60 fps :D I think it is something else...
If your ram is hella slow, don't use 64bit. It's focused on ram and will depend highly on it's speed.
Use 32bit instead.

Athaya

Cricket
If your ram is hella slow, don't use 64bit. It's focused on ram and will depend highly on it's speed.
Use 32bit instead.
I tried 32 bit. Experience the same stutters during fights but also lower fps out of combat.
I asked my friend to install bns on his PC almost the same config will see how it goes on his PC today.

P.S. Do i need more ram or higher speed of ram? Or both :D

Last edited:

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
P.S. Do i need more ram or higher speed of ram? Or both :D

Personally, I would get both, if possible.
DDR3 RAM is a lot faster than DDR2, with a lot more throughput.

Also, your CPU was never known for being fast...
Sadly, it was known for being an hot and slow CPU, with "8 cores".
(AMD shady shit, you should read about it in the Verge website about the Class Action Lawsuit)

If you can get your hands on a cheap i7-4970K and 16GB DDR3, you should be done.
You can probably find an used PC for around $200, and throw your same GPU in it and be done.
The RX590 is still quite good now-a-days.

Athaya

Cricket
Personally, I would get both, if possible.
DDR3 RAM is a lot faster than DDR2, with a lot more throughput.

Also, your CPU was never known for being fast...
Sadly, it was known for being an hot and slow CPU, with "8 cores".
(AMD shady shit, you should read about it in the Verge website about the Class Action Lawsuit)

If you can get your hands on a cheap i7-4970K and 16GB DDR3, you should be done.
You can probably find an used PC for around $200, and throw your same GPU in it and be done.
The RX590 is still quite good now-a-days.
Well it is ddr3 1333mhz in this pc what AIDA says. I used to play this game perfectly fine both x32 and x64 bit ~1,5 - 2 years ago through official launcher without any bnsbuddy tweaks :D Did they really change so much it started to act weird on my pc or my pc degradated? :D

Anyway i made clean windows 10 install will see how it turns now...

Athaya

Cricket
you should restart your pc after turning it off
Yeah i know i restarted it like 20 times from the last time i applied that fix :)

Installed bns on my friend's pc almost the same config but ram more powerful, he has no stutters. I think the problem is my ram or ssd. Should the game be on the same ssd with the system? I have 2 ssd and the game on the diffirent one not where windows installed.

Edit: I was wrong. He has the same stutters as me. He said it is a video card throttle. His video card is R9 290x. During fights video card base clock goes to 0 mhz the same as mine.
On amd forum i found out people saying bns is not optimized for win10. Is it true?

Last edited:

Christian1234

Cricket
try getting upks that disables efects in game like the hud one , use quick cpu to unlock the cpu parking , use leatrix latency fix for tcp no delay , use dx12 xpy for better fps all the time.

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah i know i restarted it like 20 times from the last time i applied that fix :)

Installed bns on my friend's pc almost the same config but ram more powerful, he has no stutters. I think the problem is my ram or ssd. Should the game be on the same ssd with the system? I have 2 ssd and the game on the diffirent one not where windows installed.

Edit: I was wrong. He has the same stutters as me. He said it is a video card throttle. His video card is R9 290x. During fights video card base clock goes to 0 mhz the same as mine.
On amd forum i found out people saying bns is not optimized for win10. Is it true?
in bnsbuddy extras theres a toggle for AMD GPU FIX, enable it and restart pc then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom