• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Addon Making my own addons

SoCalWyntr

Cricket
Hello,

I'd like to learn the syntax for the .patch files and learn to make my own addons. Generally, I'd like to learn how to bind/duplicate certain skills on other keys i.e. KFM's Incinerate on RMB or SF's Frost Storm on LMB, ZA's Sunburst on F, etc. (these are just examples off the top of my head, not actually what I want to do).

I've tried watching YouTube vids and searching thru the forum for what I'm looking for, and there are a ton of great addons already, I'd just like to learn the syntax and to know how to create my own.

Additionally, how do I find the skill IDs for each class?

Thanks.

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Hello,

I'd like to learn the syntax for the .patch files and learn to make my own addons. Generally, I'd like to learn how to bind/duplicate certain skills on other keys i.e. KFM's Incinerate on RMB or SF's Frost Storm on LMB, ZA's Sunburst on F, etc. (these are just examples off the top of my head, not actually what I want to do).

I've tried watching YouTube vids and searching thru the forum for what I'm looking for, and there are a ton of great addons already, I'd just like to learn the syntax and to know how to create my own.

Additionally, how do I find the skill IDs for each class?

Thanks.
There's an addon creator with an example within it.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Aditionally, you can just open any addon with any text editor.

The syntax is super simple.

Here is an example:
XML:
FileName = xml[bit].dat.files\\client.config2.xml
Search = <option name="show-duration" value="2.0" />
Replace = <option name="show-duration" value="20.0" />
Description = Show ping for 20s

The FileName has always the structure <file>[bit].dat.files\\<xml file>
The Search will look for that text, and replace with ... Replace.
You can have multiple groups of Search and Replace.
If you want to remove a line, please use an XML comment (<!-- [...] -->).
The Description is mandatory for addons with less than 5 lines.

SoCalWyntr

Cricket
Aditionally, you can just open any addon with any text editor.

The syntax is super simple.

Here is an example:
XML:
FileName = xml[bit].dat.files\\client.config2.xml
Search = <option name="show-duration" value="2.0" />
Replace = <option name="show-duration" value="20.0" />
Description = Show ping for 20s

The FileName has always the structure <file>[bit].dat.files\\<xml file>
The Search will look for that text, and replace with ... Replace.
You can have multiple groups of Search and Replace.
If you want to remove a line, please use an XML comment (<!-- [...] -->).
The Description is mandatory for addons with less than 5 lines.

That's excellent info, thank you!

Am I able to change the lines themselves to move skills from 1 key to another but have that skill not mask other skills on that key? i.e. skillbar-2 to skillbar-4, but the original skillbar-4 skill is available for use when skillbar-2 skill is on cooldown?

Basically, can I add skills onto a simple mode RMB cast list and, if so, how do I change priorities? Someone said the priority is based on the order in which the lines dictating the skills appear in the xml file, so will changing the lines w/ Search/Replace change the order of the lines in relation to other lines?

Thanks again!

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Yes, it will.

Honestly, you will hate trying to do it.
Trust me, I've done that.

Swapping lines with just a Search/Replace is incredibly frustrating and you will hate every second of it.

But moving a skill to another key is super easy.

16 inches of Chi

Sand Warrior
That's excellent info, thank you!

Am I able to change the lines themselves to move skills from 1 key to another but have that skill not mask other skills on that key? i.e. skillbar-2 to skillbar-4, but the original skillbar-4 skill is available for use when skillbar-2 skill is on cooldown?

Basically, can I add skills onto a simple mode RMB cast list and, if so, how do I change priorities? Someone said the priority is based on the order in which the lines dictating the skills appear in the xml file, so will changing the lines w/ Search/Replace change the order of the lines in relation to other lines?

Thanks again!
https://www.bnsbuddy.com/threads/remove-skills-from-simple-mode.551/

This post should give you a good idea on how to make addons, read it if you haven't already. It's pre awakening so the IDs are a little off and the inspect element has also changed slightly (ignore the -1 or whatever after the skill ID). Also some skills have slight variants in the ID, like your standard LMB "Combo" on KFM is punch, punch, kick, and the IDs for them are(I'm just making up numbers, don't use them) 203000, 203001, 203002 so watch out for that in multihit skills or in general.

Other than that I recommend looking at other peoples addons to check out what they've done and do basically the same thing, like Cupid said just open it in notepad and have a look.

As for your questions, they're kinda skill dependant if I recall. As in, SF Z will always show even when it's on cooldown so if you have another skill below Z you can't press it cause Z is blocking it, so you're gonna have to experiment as I'm not sure if there's any science behind it but most or atleast a couple skills should work.

Priority, it just goes down the list, top to bottom and puts the skills it finds first on that button on top, so for SF RMB It'd be: Iron shoulder, breaking claw and right punch in that order, with iron shoulder being above the others. Not sure what you're trying to say with the last sentence, but the line you change with search replace will stay on the same spot but it might change the priority of it because of its new relation with the new key. What I'm trying to say is:

This is a dumb example but bear with me.

Straight punch on LMB
Iron shoulder on RMB
Breaking claw on RMB

If you change straight punch to RMB you're always gonna cast straight punch when you wanna use iron shoulder or any other RMB skills.

Straight punch on RMB
Iron shoulder on RMB
Breaking claw on RMB

The line stays where it is, but because of how far up straight punch is it'll now always be first priority on RMB when you change it to RMB. I hope that made sense cause it's a little dicey to me.

And uh, you can always add a new <decision> <layer> layer if you wanna add another keybind to a skill.

Good luck!

Top Bottom