• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Solved "Invalid Character" during login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Cricket
Donator
Hello!
I keep getting an error message Every Time I login:

It's not game-breaking or anything. Just annoying. :)
Is there a fix for it?
Thanks!

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Depends...

Does it happens ALWAYS and the login doesn't work?
Change the password to comply with BnS's rules (they don't enforce them on registrering).

Does it happens sometimes?
Ignore it and try again.

Phoenix

Cricket
Donator
Depends...

Does it happens ALWAYS and the login doesn't work?
Change the password to comply with BnS's rules (they don't enforce them on registrering).

Does it happens sometimes?
Ignore it and try again.

Yes, I get the message every time I login. But I can still login and play. It's just a minor annoyance.

I also double-checked that my password complies with the rules, "Your password must be between 8-16 characters, contain letters and at least one number or special character, cannot have more than 2 numbers or letters in a row, and must be different from your display name and email address. Your password is case sensitive." and I still get the error message.

(Shrugs)

Phoenix

Cricket
Donator
I was reading the source code.

The error occurrs after a failed attempt to verify the email against a regular expression.

Please, confirm if your email matches it on: https://regex101.com/r/Uql7N9/1
(To make it easier to test, you can test up to the @ and after the @, to make sure both parts are matching)

I'm afraid you're talking to me in another language here. But from what I've tried to make use of the information, does that mean I can't use an email that ends in ".info" or I'll get that error message?

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Yes.

The .info fails to match the regular expression, which expects 2-3 letters at the end.
Changes to the email validation have already been suggested.

But, if it works, it works.

Lets hope there's an update soon.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
You're welcome.

Keep an eye out for a BnSBuddy update.
Also, if you want, to help with debugging, you can give your email to @Endless (『Endless』(Kogaruh)#1337 | 201706847424610306 on discord).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom