• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Open UI Error

mayami

Cricket
1.png

I have updated to the latest version, but the interface still displays errors
what should I do to fix this? thanks!

Shaun

Cricket
Sorry to bump this but I'm having the same issue and it looks the same (as the image above), client language is set to English (in Launcher and in settings) but BnS Buddy is still showing the wrong language for the UI, been doing this since I updated to V6, never had this issue on older releases, I really hope it isn't going off on the Non-Unicode Language because it really shouldn't be (I have it set to Japanese and I will not be changing it, I play lots of visual novels that require it to be set to that).

Attachments

• Screenshot (237).png
    Screenshot (237).png
    82.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Shaun

Cricket
So does the developers even care that their client isn't showing the proper language or not (I think it's stuck in German for whatever reason)? I see the issue was never fixed even for the OP.

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
So does the developers even care that their client isn't showing the proper language or not (I think it's stuck in German for whatever reason)? I see the issue was never fixed even for the OP.
It's set to use english by default As it's hardcoded text.
It's not that I don't care, I barely have time to do anything irl rn during summer time here in canada due to my job.
It's not German, it's gibberish because the system is not being able to handle the characters somehow.

What's your default font on windows and system language?

Shaun

Cricket
It's set to use english by default As it's hardcoded text.
It's not that I don't care, I barely have time to do anything irl rn during summer time here in canada due to my job.
It's not German, it's gibberish because the system is not being able to handle the characters somehow.

What's your default font on windows and system language?
I'm not sure what the font is but it should be default since I doubt I've ever changed it (I don't know what it should be anyways), system language is English but my Non-Unicode Language is set to Japanese because I read a lot of visual novels that require it (I mentioned this part in my first reply to this post above).

Note: This issue only showed itself after I updated to the latest version, version 6, I was using an older version before (I haven't tried playing BnS since last year about 9 months ago) and I never had this issue.

Shaun

Cricket
This is still an issue, the client is still not appearing in English.

I guess I'll just stop using this program after all, it's gone down the drain ever since the 6.0 update, with the text being completely broken (not in English at all, 3.0 version worked better imho) and devs here will probably never fix it and surprisingly enough BnS actually works fine without it now though I do need to close down most of the background apps/clients or I won't have enough free RAM or VRAM to play the game.

Last edited:

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
This is still an issue, the client is still not appearing in English.

I guess I'll just stop using this program after all, it's gone down the drain ever since the 6.0 update, with the text being completely broken (not in English at all, 3.0 version worked better imho) and devs here will probably never fix it and surprisingly enough BnS actually works fine without it now though I do need to close down most of the background apps/clients or I won't have enough free RAM or VRAM to play the game.
Whelp, wasn't able to reproduce this problem with anyone on multiple systems and with multiple languages.
If it resurfaces, I'll have another look and see what's wrong with MaterialSKin. As it's not my own and is a framework I'm using for bnsbuddy that is causing issues.

Top Bottom