• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Other [TOOL] Takku's Character Effect+Animation Remover v1.3.2 (Updated October 3rd, 2020)

Takku

Cricket
(NOT to be confused with this tool which is used for modding rather than managing (moving) UPKs!)

A little script written in Python 3.8. It's basically combining animation and effect removal, although still nothing you couldn't solve with batch files.
However, it's highly customizable through the .json files... and yes, I'm working on a GUI GUI is done! It includes:
- Automatic game path detection
- Save/Load profiles (=settings which UPKs to remove)
- Force Master 3rd spec Animations/Effects
- Ability to customize which files are removed for which class
- Ability to customize which class' animations and/or effects are removed
-- There is a category called "other" for effects that belong to multiple classes or where I wasn't sure what they contain (yet)
- Automatic self-updates (asks for your permission though)

1601068100813.png

Download (Executable and/or Source):
https://github.com/xtakku/bns-upk-manager/releases/latest

VirusTotal has a few false positives (because it's bad tbh), probably related to my app moving files and/or self-updating. I don't care enough to apply for whitelisting since it'll most likely be flagged again on updates. The proper solution is for those companies to build less ridiculous detection algorithms.
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...GFmNjNhOTkxMDRiY2Q6MTYwMTIyMTczMw==/detection
Considering it is open source, I suggest you use a brain cell. Checksum is for v1.3.0 (executable file only).

UPK Spreadsheet:
Although I made this specific sheet, credits for figuring these out mostly go to Airix (I think), however I got a similar sheet from Holol.
I'd also like to thank HoloWiseWolf for the obvious inspiration (his Java tool), although my tool also removes animations. :p

Last edited:

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Your post doesn't follow the new guidelines:

It is missing the Virustotal link, which is still required.

Also, I strongly suggest that you pick a different name for the project, as there is a modding tool called "UPK Manager".
A more suitable name could be "BnS Effect Manager" or similar.

Takku

Cricket
Alright, gonna add that virus total link. Done, although I'd suggest something like Jotti instead since it doesn't have false positives just for the file being a Python file, or w/e it's getting flagged for. :bnsshy:

I'll think about a name change. To be fair I was going to call it "UPK Tool" first but then I figured a tool would be more like something what I later found in the modding tool you mentioned, making me wonder why it's called manager (it's not really managing anything) and not tool(kit). Be that as it may, I'll think about a different name considering the other tool is older.

Last edited:

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
I've analized your script and it seems to be because of the from hashlib import sha1.

It seems to create tons of Python Dynamic Modules in the temporary folder.
If I were you, I would try to find a way to statically link those libraries.

Takku

Cricket
I've analized your script and it seems to be because of the from hashlib import sha1.

It seems to create tons of Python Dynamic Modules in the temporary folder.
If I were you, I would try to find a way to statically link those libraries.
I believe you're referring to the .pyd files listed in the behaviour analysis and yeah those happen because of the import you quoted. Why it has to create them for all the algos in hashlib even though only sha1 is used is beyond me, however I see no real need to change it. If you think it wouldn't trigger the false positives without dumping these files, I'm afraid this is not the solution:
This is the scan for the same script except using crc32 for file integrity verification, which is not part of hashlib.
While the behaviour analysis looks very different indeed (or maybe that's just because the file hasn't been processed completely yet?), the false positives for the same 2 engines persist. Considering I never heard of either of the two detection engines before, I don't really care tbh. My best guess is that they use very broad heuristic definitions.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
I guess it can be some part of the code that's used by some random ransomware?

That could trigger false-positives as well.

Takku

Cricket
I guess it can be some part of the code that's used by some random ransomware?

That could trigger false-positives as well.
Well... it moves/deletes files, it does a HTTP(S) request, downloads files and extracts them. I suppose any of that could be contained in any type of malware.
It's also entirely possible that these AVs flag executables created with PyInstaller/AutoPy2Exe in general which in itself isn't completely illogical since you could obviously do shady shit with it.
In this case however you could just use the .py file to create the executable yourself, then make sure it has the same checksum (assuming same Python version and icon). For anybody who cba to bother that much, I suppose they'll have to figure out how likely it is that I upload something shady to my personal GitHub account which uses my irl name. :bnswink:

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
I suppose they'll have to figure out how likely it is that I upload something shady to my personal GitHub account which uses my irl name.

Eh, people done worse...

But yes, those worried about it should just use the .py file

Takku

Cricket
But yes, those worried about it should just use the .py file
Yeah, it is much more common to use Python that way - at least for Linux users or people who use Python themselves.
For the average windows user (and afaik BnS only runs on Windows?) who doesn't want to bother setting up a Python environment, there is the .exe file.

LongCyber

Pirate Savior
Donator
cool tool, hoping for GUI soon. :bnsthumbsup:
but im agree with Cupid that you should change your tool's name or project, might misunderstand with the UPK manager.
Effect Manager sure is nice name.

Feluruzz

Cricket
[QUOTE = "Takku, mesaj: 12336, üye: 6645"]
DEĞİL ile karıştırılmamalıdırBu araç(hareketli) UPKs modding ziyade yönetmek için kullanılır!

Python 3.8 ile yazılmış küçük bir betik. Toplu iş dosyalarıyla çözemeyeceğiniz hiçbir şey olmasa da temelde animasyon ve efekt kaldırmayı birleştiriyor.
Ancak, .json dosyaları aracılığıyla oldukça özelleştirilebilir ... ve evet, bir GUI üzerinde çalışıyorum. O içerir:
- Otomatik oyun yolu algılama
- Force Master 3. özellik Animasyonları / Efektleri
- Hangi sınıf için hangi dosyaların kaldırılacağını özelleştirebilme
- Hangi sınıfın animasyonlarının ve / veya efektlerinin kaldırılacağını özelleştirme yeteneği
- Birden çok sınıfa ait olan veya ne içerdiklerinden emin olmadığım (henüz) efektler için "diğer" adlı bir kategori var
- Otomatik güncellemeler (yine de izninizi ister)

İndir (Yürütülebilir ve / veya Kaynak):
https://github.com/xtakku/bns-upk-manager/releases/latest

VirusTotal 72 algılama motorundan 2 yanlış pozitif sonuca sahiptir, bunlar muhtemelen dosyaları taşımak ve / veya kendi kendini güncellemeyle ilgilidir:
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...da2ccb6907a4e95eb86ce5474284192669b/detection [/ URL]
Açık kaynak olduğunu (ve o kadar çok SLOC'ye sahip olmadığını) düşünürsek, bir beyin hücresi kullanmanızı öneririm. Sağlama toplamı v0.4 içindir (yalnızca yürütülebilir dosya).

Video Vitrini (v0.3): [MEDIA = youtube] VgPwDvN4MGk [/ MEDIA]

UPK Hesap Tablosu:
[ORTAM = Google Sheets] 1IHFalY7MvbSI_ZkWmiqFcw7ENW8wIGA7DgODPLrPiGg [/ ORTAM]
Bu özel sayfayı hazırlamış olsam da, bunları anlamak için krediler çoğunlukla Airix'e gidiyor (sanırım), ancak Holol'dan benzer bir sayfa aldım.
Ayrıca HoloWiseWolf'a bariz ilham için (Java aracı) teşekkür etmek istiyorum, ancak aracım animasyonları da kaldırıyor. : p
[/ALINTI]

merhaba destroyer 3. demir, beceri efektlerini kaldırmak için gereken upk dosyalarını biliyor musunuz?
Post automatically merged:

hello destroyer 3. iron, do you know the upk files needed to remove skill effects?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nhirai

Cricket
Hey! thanks for the tool i find it really useful :bnsshy: just wanted to leave here a suggestion since i think it would improve the functionality of the tool.
Would be nice if we can have different "settings" files (settings, settings2 etc, for example), to customize them and use one or another depending on whether you want to remove all effects/animations, or only effects, or only other classes effects/animations, and stuff like that, and select them with different numbers on the app without having to edit the settings/animations/effects files everytime you want to make a change, something like:
"(1) Apply profile 1 (settings.json)"
"(2) Apply profile 2 (settings2.json)"

Last edited:

Takku

Cricket
Hey! thanks for the tool i find it really useful :bnsshy: just wanted to leave here a suggestion since i think it would improve the functionality of the tool.
Would be nice if we can have different "settings" files (settings, settings2 etc, for example), to customize them and use one or another depending on whether you want to remove all effects/animations, or only effects, or only other classes effects/animations, and stuff like that, and select them with different numbers on the app, something like:
"(1) Apply profile 1 (settings.json)"
"(2) Apply profile 2 (settings2.json)"
You can do that by manually renaming settings.json files, as I already tried to say in my opening post. :x
But yeah, I meant to add that functionality without having to rename files manually, I just got lazy.

Since this actually seems to have some users, I guess I'll work on the next update sooner.

Nhirai

Cricket
You can do that by manually renaming settings.json files, as I already tried to say in my opening post. :x
But yeah, I meant to add that functionality without having to rename files manually, I just got lazy.

Since this actually seems to have some users, I guess I'll work on the next update sooner.
Ye well im not renaming but instead replacing it with the ones i previously prepared. In any case thanks for the tool again.

Takku

Cricket
Ye well im not renaming but instead replacing it with the ones i previously prepared. In any case thanks for the tool again.
I'm actually done implementing profile loading now. However, I'm currently unable to bundle it into an executable for release. xd
I'll do it some time tomorrow and the application should auto-update for you if you're using a recent version (v0.4+).
Probably going to focus on making a GUI that will also support loading profiles next before I think about more.
Post automatically merged:

Edit: GUI & full profile support are done & released. :bnsshy:

Last edited:

Zommie

Cricket
Donator
License
Thanks very much for the tool!
I noticed my Warlock looked a little naked or had weird missing textures in the effects even though I had only kept his effects on. I spent some time digging through the UPKs to find his missing effects, so I would only exclude those UPKs. Some of them were on other classes' UPKs. This is only for Scourge Warlock; I've never touched Distortion (or Ice), so I'm not familiar with how it's supposed to look like. I don't think I missed anything for Scourge and I'll include a description of what the UPK controls, in case someone feels they don't need to turn on everything. I hope this will save someone some time.

Blade Master
00013263 - Thrall cast summon effects

Summoner
00006660 - Red lines of Dimensional Volley/Awakened Dimensional Salvo

Other
00010869 - Thrall summoning effects

00026129 - Helix's dragon head

00060729 - Inner lights of Helix

00010772 - Dirt effect of Eclipse (yes, I even noticed this; been playing this class too long)

Extra - Not Warlock
00009393 - Dragonbrand Illusion weapon effect

Edit: I had mixed up the lights upk with the dragon head upk.

Last edited:

Takku

Cricket
Thanks very much for the tool!
I noticed my Warlock looked a little naked or had weird missing textures in the effects even though I had only kept his effects on. I spent some time digging through the UPKs to find his missing effects, so I would only exclude those UPKs. Some of them were on other classes' UPKs. This is only for Scourge Warlock; I've never touched Distortion (or Ice), so I'm not familiar with how it's supposed to look like. I don't think I missed anything for Scourge and I'll include a description of what the UPK controls, in case someone feels they don't need to turn on everything. I hope this will save someone some time.

Blade Master
00013263 - Thrall cast summon effects

Summoner
00006660 - Red lines of Dimensional Volley/Awakened Dimensional Salvo

Other
00010869 - Thrall summoning effects

00026129 - Helix's dragon head

00060729 - Inner lights of Helix

00010772 - Dirt effect of Eclipse (yes, I even noticed this; been playing this class too long)

Extra - Not Warlock
00009393 - Dragonbrand Illusion weapon effect
I heard of issues with WL before, except the other way around. Apparently, removing WL effects actually also removes some boss' effects which should be categorized as "other" obviously.
Since I didn't feel like checking all the UPKS for their contents manually, I compiled my JSON definitions from lists other people made of the UPK files' contents. This is not to say they made a mistake - I think the issue lies with effects for different classes and misc. stuff are bundled in the same UPK files.

Thanks for sharing your findings. I will check them to see if I can improve my tool's functionality. In the meantime, you can manually adjust the JSON files in /data/ to better suit your needs. If you need help doing so, please let me know.

Top Bottom