• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Other [TOOL][JAVA] Character Effect Remover v1.0.8 [Update:04/10/2020]

Ray12312321

Cricket
Starting Character Effect Remover
Running file C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\EffectRemover v1.0.6\EffectRemover.jar
Program terminated with error 9009
Please send the file log.log, contents displayed below:
================================================================================
Character Effect Remover - Starting up
================================================================================
Current folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\EffectRemover v1.0.6\
Running: java -jar EffectRemover.jar
'java' 不是内部或外部命令,也不是可运行的程序
或批处理文件。
Program terminated with exitcode 9009
ECHO 处于关闭状态。
For more mods, please visit https://www.bnsbuddy.com/members/holowisewolf.65/
Press any key to exit.

Anyone can help me?

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Sorry for late answers but I got a bit busy.

Hi, i found the upk that contains steelfeather proc and pet guardian shield effect:

"00007917" - Pet shield
"00056126" - steelfeather proc

o/ dunno if it has other stuff, atleast not the new soul proc effect

I'd prefer my app to focus purely on character related stuff (skills) not items but I'll keep that in mind and maybe add it to the next version if it doesn't break anything. Thank you a lot ^^

The effect remover tool has an undesired effect on 3rd spec sin effects. I've done a lot of testing today. Usually, while having all effects enabled, the Phantom Assassin skill called "Night Reaver" is supposed to produce whiteish outlined backflip clones as an effect animation as you can see here. They are different from purely black clones that don't do backflips and are produced by Twilight Slash and Twilight Strike (RMB & F).
Now when you use the effect remove to move all the supposed upk's from the CookedPC folder, but manually move the designated 3rd spec sin upk (00069254) back into the CookedPC folder, the whiteish backflip clones still won't show. That means that some upk other than 00069254 is related to 3rd spec sin effects.

Also, for some reason, removing all the effect upk's with the tool and then moving them back into CookedPC by hand STILL doesn't give you back the backflip clones, which leads me to the only conclusion that the tool is doing more than simply moving files. I've double checked this whole process with another system and the results were the same. No backflip clones, and the tool is somehow eating the clones, even if you move all of the removed upk's back into CookedPC by hand.

I can't watch the clip since the VoD is not there anymore but reintroducing files by hand or with my app into CookedPC should be enough to bring back everything. (it uses the exact same process using the exact same file list so there's should be no problems with my code)

a) in case you bring back only one specific file then yes there's a possibility that this file is not enough and that specific class relies on other files as well

b) if you bring back all files and skills are still missing it could be your settings or that you are using mods in buddy that affect those files as well, buddy mods take priority over my tool cuz my tool doesn't check if mod files are present, so if you remove file X from CookedPC but it's still present in folder that buddy stores mods in then it will still load file X even if it's modified (so for example if you remove FM files with my tool but have FM mods it will readd those files with modified content, possibly causing problems)

Starting Character Effect Remover
Running file C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\EffectRemover v1.0.6\EffectRemover.jar
Program terminated with error 9009
Please send the file log.log, contents displayed below:
Current folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\EffectRemover v1.0.6\
'java' 不是内部或外部命令,也不是可运行的程序
或批处理文件。
Program terminated with exitcode 9009
ECHO 处于关闭状态。
For more mods, please visit https://www.bnsbuddy.com/members/holowisewolf.65/
Press any key to exit.

Anyone can help me?

9009 means that it couldn't find the file but I passed that Chinese text through google translate and it seems like you don't have a java environment properly set up since it doesn't see java as a command.

a) Install JRE from https://www.java.com
b) If you have JRE and it still doesn't recognize java as a command you have to configure your environment variables

You don't have to put the app itself in CookedPC, it can be anywhere, you choose directories in the app itself.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Suggestion: try adding this below line 64:

Code:
REM check if java exists
java -version 1>> !LOG! 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
    echo !LOGLINE! >> !LOG!
    echo java -version failed with exitcode %ERRORLEVEL% >> !LOG!
    echo !LOGLINE! >> !LOG!

call :kill 1 "Failed to run java -version. Check if JRE (https://www.java.com/) is installed."
)
echo !LOGLINE! >> !LOG!

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Suggestion: try adding this below line 64:

Code:
REM check if java exists
java -version 1>> !LOG! 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
    echo !LOGLINE! >> !LOG!
    echo java -version failed with exitcode %ERRORLEVEL% >> !LOG!
    echo !LOGLINE! >> !LOG!

call :kill 1 "Failed to run java -version. Check if JRE (https://www.java.com/) is installed."
)
echo !LOGLINE! >> !LOG!

Aye I'll add it soon. Thanks

senXlol

Cricket
can you tell me all the archer upk's? i read that this 00064738 is for effects? but what are all the upk's i'd have to recover manually to remove everything BUT archer? :)

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
can you tell me all the archer upk's? i read that this 00064738 is for effects? but what are all the upk's i'd have to recover manually to remove everything BUT archer? :)

upks mentioned in changelog are the only strictly archer related files that I am aware of. Classes are mixed between files so you can't just remove one class and not the others without some file modding. Archer did have some missing textures before I added that file so some stuff is most likely in those shared files.

do anyone know guardian warden's upk ?

Try 00056127 and 00060558. Just a reminder it may break stuff.

Soteyos

Cricket
For some reason, whenever I use the application, the prenium running removal of BnS buddy doesn't work at all which create purple/green line behind you everytime you run. Do you have an idea from where it come from ?

EasleyRR

Cricket
@HoloWiseWolf hello, first off, thanks for that tool.
I'm facing a problem with my warlock's skills( https://prnt.sc/rw91f0 ) Hex Storm(V) and Mortal Coil(3) happens that...
I don't have any custom skills visual or whatever...
Thanks in advance

Edit: SOLVED
Solution: I had another MOD related to Helix/Call installed, after removing them, problem solved.

Last edited:

Dogoparma

Cricket
for me dosent work, it keep say file dosent exist
i dont have any cooked pc if not in this directory :
C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC

Attachments

• copia di log.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 12

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
For some reason, whenever I use the application, the prenium running removal of BnS buddy doesn't work at all which create purple/green line behind you everytime you run. Do you have an idea from where it come from ?

It works fine for me, as far as I'm aware the tool doesn't affect anything premium related but if it does I never had issues using it with premium effect removal mod, lines mean that there are missing textures but effects are present. Check other mods as one of them may be reintroducing the file.

im already using effect remover but i dont wanna delete my weapon effects what should i do or whats the weapon effects upk files can someone help me ? @HoloWiseWolf

As stated many times. It'd require finding the effects (which can be spread across multiple files) and modifying files so that they have everything but the weapon effects inside. A lot of work for something small.

@HoloWiseWolf hello, first off, thanks for that tool.
I'm facing a problem with my warlock's skills( https://prnt.sc/rw91f0 ) Hex Storm(V) and Mortal Coil(3) happens that...
I don't have any custom skills visual or whatever...
Thanks in advance

Edit: SOLVED
Solution: I had another MOD related to Helix/Call installed, after removing them, problem solved.

Glad you got it fixed and sorry for not responding. While the remover does cause missing textures on a few mobs etc. Jarring things like that are usually caused by incompatibilities with user installed mods (as those reintroduce files into the game)

for me dosent work, it keep say file dosent exist
i dont have any cooked pc if not in this directory :
C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC

The app tells you where to find it, BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC

Leandro

Cricket
UPDATE
5/10/2019 v1.0.4

- App no longer removes file "00064820" which is responsible for KFM wolf form animations. It was added by accident and with this version app will only remove effects.
- Added file "00064738" which is responsible for archer effects. Removing archer effects fixes issue with tab which would show a giant missing texture under player.

Please remember I can't test the entire game after removing files so you have to report issues you find in the game. As far as I saw nothing new broke in the game after file change in the app.​
Can you tell me if that "00064738" work on wind archer too ? because with effect remove i cant see the #3 skill circles, to insta 4, i would like to remove all skills efects but keep archers one, or just #3 skill!

Would love if you can help me

Zazhan

Cricket
Hello, someone know the upk of the sounds when you hit the target ? I removed all effects except my warden and I want if it's possible to keep the sound of the attacks

Shirleyyy

Cricket
With recent update it doesn't seems like it removes blue trails animations on 3rd spec BM even addons don't. Is there a fix to this?

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
With recent update it doesn't seems like it removes blue trails animations on 3rd spec BM even addons don't. Is there a fix to this?

Haven't noticed that myself but that'd mean they moved the effect, IF that's the case someone would have to tell me what UPK

View attachment 3511
What is a number UPK Skin Skill ink ?

No idea and I never really saw anyone mention that they found the upk for that.

Heldegas

Cricket
I found some of the ink textures but they're tied to other massive texture files and trying to repack them ends up messing most textures of the game. Probably have to hex edit them or something, but I'm not familliar with it.

xiia123

Cricket
@HoloWiseWolf hello, my friend has some issue with the effect remover and im not sure what could be the cause, he says that when he starts up the program, the black cmd window apears for a second and then closes without the actual effect remover opening up or anything.

Current folder: C:\Users\shiro\Desktop\Blade & Soul\Effects_Remover KIWI\
================================================================================ ================================================================================
Program finished successfully

and when he tries to start up the program when the game is already running, he gets the normal "close game before using the tool" message

Top Bottom