• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

High resolution B&S logo

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
So since most custom splash screens use small transparent Blade and Soul logo It doesn't really work well when someone wants to make it bigger. I decided to upscale it a bit with Waifu2X (https://waifu2x.booru.pics/ Great tool for upscaling anything that isn't a real life photo tho sometimes it even handles photos quite well) to make it look a bit better when stretched.

Main drawback is that edges lose on quality (you can see black dots in some places) because source file is really low res but I don't think it's a big deal. I'm attaching original version of the logo (782x381), upscaled 1564x762 and upscaled 3128x1524 as well as a comparison between upscaled 3128x1524(left) and resized 3128x1524(right)

Attachments

• comparison.png
    comparison.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 221
  • Second upscale.png
    Second upscale.png
    1 MB · Views: 203
  • First upscale.png
    First upscale.png
    445.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Original.png
    Original.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 150

Volmie

Tall potato
Staff member
Administrator
Donator
I assume these are the splashes you say don't show up. Splashes have to be saved as BMP in order to function.

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
These are png but I put them into gimp with other transparent pics I want to use and save as bmp.

Volmie

Tall potato
Staff member
Administrator
Donator
Are you saving the BMP in the proper format? There's also a possibility that GIMP is screwing it up, as I recall it being fairly wonky, if you can get and use Photoshop instead, I recommend it.

If yes and it still doesn't work, the answer is most likely that the resolution is simply too large.

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
Could have just downloaded the fankit I've added this month which has the logos big as 11000 x 5000 in different colors. Also Sage Thumbs helps a lot with BMP files

HoloWiseWolf

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Didnt see that ^^

I use GIMP 2, I put 2 png with transparency into the project, do all the editing. Alpha channel does exist. I export it as BMP in 32bit with alpha channel (A8 R8 G8 B8) in 1800x1000 resolution. Still nothing

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Didnt see that ^^

I use GIMP 2, I put 2 png with transparency into the project, do all the editing. Alpha channel does exist. I export it as BMP in 32bit with alpha channel (A8 R8 G8 B8) in 1800x1000 resolution. Still nothing
the conversion used on gimp is not compatible.
use paint.net to do it. then it will work.

Top Bottom