• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Texture Help with Young Soyun outfit for LynF

Raem

Cricket
Hi there!

I wanted to make my female Lyn wear the outfit of the young Jinsoyun, the one she has when you "first" meet her.
However, though the One Click Tool worked, the problem with this costume is... it doesn't have legs! ^^'
a.jpg
So I tried to swap some random accessory with what I guess are Soyun's and Sanzu's legs, but the result isn't quite satisfying...
b.jpg c.jpg d.jpg

Can someone help me with this? Is there some way to have my legs back?

Thanks a lot!

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
I haven't touched that costume in years so idk if it has 2 versions of that outfit, if not then you need to photoshop the dress on another texture in that file so you can look normal again. Or photoshop the legs off another outfit of that file and put them on this costume.

Raem

Cricket
I haven't touched that costume in years so idk if it has 2 versions of that outfit, if not then you need to photoshop the dress on another texture in that file so you can look normal again. Or photoshop the legs off another outfit of that file and put them on this costume.

First, thanks a lot for your answer!^^

Alright, so I've never modified a costume before, so I tried to find out how to do it. Following a tutorial, I installed UModel, and extracted the textures from the UPK file. Soyun's costume is actually a color swap of the Moonlight costume.
e.jpg
Modifying the texture wouldn't be a problem, but when I tried to install and launch UPK Manager 1.6.1 to see how it works, it keeps sending me error messages, about specified path being too long or something. I set the path to game to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\", is there something wrong with it?

Sometimes (quite rarely actually), the UPKs will load on the left, but when I select one, nothing appears in Texture View nor Object Detail, only in Hex View and File Detail.

And I have this error message too : Dispatcher Unhandled Exception - The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it.
Tryied to run the program as administrator, didn't change a thing.

So basically, I can't load nor rebuild any UPK. Is there anything I can do to fix this? A simple solution if possible^^'

Thanks again for your help!

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
Somethings always wrong with upk manager, the person who made the database, online, for god knows what reason........shut it down years back, now each time you boot the program it gives you that error.

If you installed it uninstall it and download the edit version so each time you use it you won't get any popup error. Also usin the installer version (least for me) when extracting files would extract THE WHOLE GAMES texture files since the database is gone, program doesn't know what to do from what im guessing so it just tries extracting everything.

You need 2 mod folders in both cooked pc locations.
"contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC\mod"
"contents\bns\CookedPC\mod"

contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC\mod is your managers source for all the costumes and w/e in game so make sure your pathway is set on that, it's also the place you'll be putting files into that mod folder whenever you're making textures edits and ready to rebuild them.

You'll need a place where you'll be extracting textures as well.
I.E
D:\Work\BladeAndSoul\Texture Edit\bns

When that's all set it shouldn't be any other problems....aside from when importing textures..again least for me I need to recopy the upk file and shove it back into the mod folder then it just works...

Also make sure the file is back to DDS format when done editing, download gimp for that.
Also also when rebuilding the upk only checkmark the texture file you've edit and nothing more.

Raem

Cricket
I finally managed to make it work! Before your reply actually, but still, thanks a lot, you gave me some infos that could help me to make mods more cleanly.

So here's my adventure, maybe it will help someone who has the same problems.

First, I changed the path of the export folder. I guess it's a question of rights, but it didn't work with my "C:\Users\username\Downloads" folder. However, it worked when the path was set on the mod folder in Local CookedPC, or on a folder in another diskdrive : the "specified path being too long" error disappeared.

Then, I noticed that if I quickly set UPK Manager into offline mode in the settings when starting it, the " Dispatcher Unhandled Exception" error disappeared too. And I also had to uncheck "Show files with type" to make the UPK files appear on the left (why is it checked by default?).

After that, I tried to click more or less everywhere to understand how to rebuild my file, so here's the procedure that worked for me :
- select the UPK I want to mod in the list
- File -> Export Selected Files (the program created a bns/CookedPC/000***** folder in the export folder and put the dds files inside)
- modify the dds, I used paint.net for this
- replace the original dds by the modified dds into the aforementioned folder
- in Rebuild tab, checkmark the 000***** line (which also checks all the dds files), then Rebuild -> Rebuild Selected Exports
- I don't know why, the modded UPK doesn't appear in the export folder, but in NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\mod. So I just had to put it into the Local CookedPC mod folder, and it's done^^
f.jpg g.jpg
(still needs some refining at the junction between the legs and the feet)

So more or less, I did what you suggested. I'll just set the export folder in a proper place, so it's more clear for me.

Three questions now :
- first, is it a problem if I checkmark all the dds files when rebuilding, or should I really select the only one I modified?
- second, when I save the texture into dds file whith paint.net, there is an option to put it to BC1, BC2, up to BC7, but I don't really know how it works. From what I tested, BC1 creates a small file, but degrades the quality of the texture, and BC7 makes a bigger file and keeps quality, but creates a compatibility error when rebuilding. I used BC3 for my file, which doesn't seem to alter the quality, and is compatible. But if you have an explanation on how it works, I'm all ears.
- and finally, I modified the skin color in the texture to make it match my Lyn's (and it's not perfect yet), because it doesn't adapt by itself. Is there a way to make it match the character's skintone automatically? Would be nice if I could make a mod anyone can use.

So once again, thanks a lot for your help. As it seems to work, I'll stick with UPK Manager 1.6.1 for now, but I'll keep in mind the version you showed me, it may prove useful some day.

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
1. Yes it is, when zooming from afar and close up again to your character you'll see clearly why.
2. I use gimp so I can't say.
3. That also happens when checking all files but the one you've edited.

Raem

Cricket
Here's the final result, now the costume automatically matches with skin color. I had to use GIMP to keep the dds quality, and modify not only the D file, but also M and S files too. Anyway, it works, I'm happy^^ Thanks again for the help!
Capture d'écran_201128_000.jpg Capture d'écran_201128_001.jpg
(If anyone wants to try it, I uploaded a rar file with the UPK inside, wich modifies the Moonlight costume. Please tell me if you notice any problem.)

Attachments

• 00012358.rar
    3 MB · Views: 2
Top Bottom