• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Addon Goodbye DPS Boosting Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Thanks for that, but no matter if I increase or decrease the values, it simply keeps skipping the Lightning Flash in Simple Mode. Default values work fine in Simple Mode, it just keeps stopping for around 0,5-1sec; doing nothing and then resumes ani-canceling. I thought I could fix that with this, but doesn't seem so.
The stuttering is why I made this mod in the first place. Give this one a try.

Attachments

• OneLastTry.patch
    753 bytes · Views: 433

Vyzard

Cricket
Alright, that is a tad better, but it still skips most Lightning Flashes when I hold RMB. Buuuut .. - when I spam RMB really fast, it does the ani-cancel perfect. No stutter etc.
Of course I now made a macro key on my mouse for it, but the macro is too slow and I have no idea how to make it faster.

//Edit: I retried it with the GCD Bias disabled/enabled, and GCD Bias disabled had better results for me, it seems.
Which brings me to another question: Is it possible to calculate/find out what values I need based on my GCD?
BnS Buddy displays 70-80ms GCD, very seldom jumping up to 90ms. Can I use that info in any way?

Last edited:

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
BnS Buddy displays 70-80ms GCD, very seldom jumping up to 90ms. Can I use that info in any way?

If you play in NA and EU, those values and, mostly, be considered irrelevant since GCD is disabled in EU and NA.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
If you play in NA and EU, those values and, mostly, be considered irrelevant since GCD is disabled in EU and NA.
What? GCD is regulated by the client, based on your ping. Higher ping = higher GCD. Which is a good thing based on the way the client handles input. It allows your attacks to be more reliable and consistent. You can actually see the change as your ping goes up and downdow you have a Gunslinger and you just hold down reload.

Alright, that is a tad better, but it still skips most Lightning Flashes when I hold RMB. Buuuut .. - when I spam RMB really fast, it does the ani-cancel perfect. No stutter etc.
Of course I now made a macro key on my mouse for it, but the macro is too slow and I have no idea how to make it faster.

//Edit: I retried it with the GCD Bias disabled/enabled, and GCD Bias disabled had better results for me, it seems.
Which brings me to another question: Is it possible to calculate/find out what values I need based on my GCD?
If your ping is consistently under 100 and your GCS bias is that low, you're already be at the fastest end of what the client can do. I doubt you'll see an improvement from this mod. My ping is all over the place from 100-200. Swinging wildly over a matter of seconds. It stabilizes my attacks throughout the constant ups and downs.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
What? GCD is regulated by the client, based on your ping. Higher ping = higher GCD. Which is a good thing based on the way the client handles input. It allows your attacks to be more reliable and consistent. You can actually see the change as your ping goes up and downdow you have a Gunslinger and you just good down reload.

upload_2018-10-8_22-16-17.png

As I said: it is useless in NA and EU.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
Auto biasing is not disabled. GCD is definitely different depending on ping. The old setting that allowed you to set your GCD manually is gone.

Auto-bias is .... automatic.
You can only turn it on or off.

GCD is different than ping, I know.
But it has no use for NA and EU.

Vyzard

Cricket
So, basically, I can't make it go faster than I already do with my ping/GCD? Wow, didn't expect that.
Though, after testing a bit, disabling auto-bias with the addon definitely gives me better results.

Titernia

Cricket
Hi, first post here o/

Currently, GCD is automatic and it's defined with your personnal ingame ping because it's the "Auto-bias" option enabled that manages it. More precisely your personnal GCD is automaticaly calculated with your ten first hits in the game. Before, the default GCD value was indicated in the XML at "100 ms" and game used this as a "skill speed limit" for everyone ; it was the latency value managed on client side.
There weren't any differences for those who played with an equal or lower ingame ping at 100 ms because they were able to use skills as faster as the game allowed them by default... But for several bad reasons (the joke) some players (with a ping equal or lower than 100 ms) abused and changed the value to be lower than 100 ms.
Result ? Their skill speed limit allowed them to play like a "speedfire" because their skills animations were too high compared to the game allowed (I remember some BD in arena who abused this...)
BUT for the others (who played with a higher ping than 100 ms)... The skill speed limit which was possible for them was slower than the game allowed and players used skill slower than a player with a better ping (equal or lower than 100 ms). So, by changing the default value (like 120/130/150 and more ms ; depending on your ingame ping) for the players with an high ping, they were able to use skill as faster as the game allowed and they could be competitives with good ping players. It was a good idea for them but a very bad way for the first case.

And because of the abuses of a lot of morons, Ncsoft changed the value to be unusable with automatic GCD (less good than the old manual way for some players like me). Of course you can desactivate Auto bias option to desactivate automatic GCD but it will just let you use the default ingame ping latency value (100 ms) and it's not recommended for players with a high ping (higher than 100 ms).

Maybe sorry for my language, it's not my mother tongue ^^

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Hi, first post here o/

Currently, GCD is automatic and it's defined with your personnal ingame ping because it's the "Auto-bias" option enabled that manages it. More precisely your personnal GCD is automaticaly calculated with your ten first hits in the game. Before, the default GCD value was indicated in the XML at "100 ms" and game used this as a "skill speed limit" for everyone ; it was the latency value managed on client side.
There weren't any differences for those who played with an equal or lower ingame ping at 100 ms because they were able to use skills as faster as the game allowed them by default... But for several bad reasons (the joke) some players (with a ping equal or lower than 100 ms) abused and changed the value to be lower than 100 ms.
Result ? Their skill speed limit allowed them to play like a "speedfire" because their skills animations were too high compared to the game allowed (I remember some BD in arena who abused this...)
BUT for the others (who played with a higher ping than 100 ms)... The skill speed limit which was possible for them was slower than the game allowed and players used skill slower than a player with a better ping (equal or lower than 100 ms). So, by changing the default value (like 120/130/150 and more ms ; depending on your ingame ping) for the players with an high ping, they were able to use skill as faster as the game allowed and they could be competitives with good ping players. It was a good idea for them but a very bad way for the first case.

And because of the abuses of a lot of morons, Ncsoft changed the value to be unusable with automatic GCD (less good than the old manual way for some players like me). Of course you can desactivate Auto bias option to desactivate automatic GCD but it will just let you use the default ingame ping latency value (100 ms) and it's not recommended for players with a high ping (higher than 100 ms).

Maybe sorry for my language, it's not my mother tongue ^^
Very informative, thank you. Perhaps you can shed some light as to why changing the settings I proposed is beneficial to some (like me) and harmful to others? I can use very aggressive settings (will post below), and not have any issues with combat. My attacks are much faster and fluid than default settings, hence I net an increase in DPS. For others, any changes to these values results in stuttering and skipping. My ping is quite unstable, bouncing between 100-200 over the course of a few seconds sometimes.

FileName = xml[bit].dat.files\\client.config2.xml

Search = <option name="pending-time" value="0.300000" />
Replace = <option name="pending-time" value="0" />

Search = <option name="pending-key-tick-time" value="0.25" />
Replace = <option name="pending-key-tick-time" value="0" />

Search = <option name="pressed-key-tick-time" value="0.25" />
Replace = <option name="pressed-key-tick-time" value="0.025" />

Search = <option name="charge-key-tick-time" value="0.25" />
Replace = <option name="charge-key-tick-time" value="0.025" />

Search = <option name="ignore-mouse-press-time" value="1.000000" />
Replace = <option name="ignore-mouse-press-time" value="0.025" />

Description = Reduces client side input throttling.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Does anyone know values for Warden with 40 ping on NA?
Try this. As of right now, it's hit or miss that it will work. I haven't been able to figure out what the missing link is between people it works for and people it doesn't.

EDIT: Deleted patch.

Last edited:

Cricket
Is there a reason for setting 'pending-time' to zero if not using simple mode? Playing gunner with 80-100 in-game ms and using a software for my macro. I usually queue up lmb just before bulletstorm ends so it reloads after the animation is finished but of course it doesn't work when set to zero.

Although I can definitely feel an improvement overall after using your settings posted above. I can use my opener without feeling as much delay between key presses if any.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Is there a reason for setting 'pending-time' to zero if not using simple mode? Playing gunner with 80-100 in-game ms and using a software for my macro. I usually queue up lmb just before bulletstorm ends so it reloads after the animation is finished but of course it doesn't work when set to zero.

Although I can definitely feel an improvement overall after using your settings posted above. I can use my opener without feeling as much delay between key presses if any.
pending-time should only be 0 if you ARE using Simple Mode. If you're NOT using Simple Mode, default or higher would be best. I believe I set the Simple Mode Off versions to use 0.6, double the default.

KhaliD

Cricket
Sorry for my ignorance, but does it affect all abilities? I tested with the Blade Master and did not notice any difference in skill Dragontong.
I tested all the commands and without success, my ping is around 180 - 230.
Unfortunately my ping is much bad tue 5 dragontong per tab, I totally lose my dps.

Last edited:

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Sorry for my ignorance, but does it affect all abilities? I tested with the Blade Master and did not notice any difference in skill Dragontong.
Unfortunately my ping is much bad tue 5 dragontong per tab, I totally lose my dps.
It's not a single attack that's effected. It's strings of attacks. How fast and smoothly they roll out. Which patch did you download?

KhaliD

Cricket
It's not a single attack that's effected. It's strings of attacks. How fast and smoothly they roll out. Which patch did you download?
I used all the values at 0, but I did not feel any difference. The lmb BM fire always worked fine, but this is because of the GCD, but my rmb was always slow, I thought this would affect in some way. I just do not understand why until today they have not expanded the gcd to others skills.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
I used all the values at 0, but I did not feel any difference. The lmb BM fire always worked fine, but this is because of the GCD, but my rmb was always slow, I thought this would affect in some way. I just do not understand why until today they have not expanded the gcd to others skills.
I don't know what to tell ya. Are you sure it's installing correctly? Putting everything to 0 should be noticeable, even if it's something bad.

Plutia

Cricket
this "mod" is really old, a lot been using it from over a year ago, and was posted on reddit few times, i doubt they'd "fix" anytime soon.

testy

Cricket

me too, i tested all the patch and notice 0 change at all for the bm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom