• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Dat Editing Map Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
So, I've been doing something like this since my days playing dragon nest. I could pretty much go to any map I wanted just by doing this into that and after running into a portal out of town or any where I would be in a whole different map.

Wondering if I could do the same with buddy if I edit the map files but I rarely ever touched the dat editor so I have 0 clue knowing if it shares the games map location or maps at all. It should tho, it only makes sense because...well where else would all the info for this and that go into right?

Btw doing this is 50% safe and unsafe....least when i've done this in dragon nest. I didn get banned or anything (hell..my years playin games online and the mods i've done I haven't got banned once) I just got bot flagged for a few days trying to attack other players outside the pvp walls lol. But thats for Dragon nest but who knows the same could happen in this game as well.

Anyway, yall explored, dat edit right? See anything about map locations around?

Btw reason I wanna change maps is because well..i'm bored of arena pvp at the moment

I need a nice quite place for me to video without seeing ANYONE not even npcs. Unless it's that npcs costume.

I like exploring and photoing.
--- Merged ---
After much digging in datafile.bin (unpacking only works for 64.bin....) it's just as I thought. You can control the games fate with that file or..files. But no ones ever made a repacker for it.....I should be thankful to be honest...

Having something that dangerous in the wrong hands will kill our game.
As far's I can tell (still searching around) you can swap npcs around to bosses if you like. (that can be great for photoing for me and wallpapers!)
Change npc facial animations or your characters. Swap weapons just like normal modding and a lot more.

I don't care about any of that....yet. I'm still searching for field zones and portal file locations. 286 files in here...like really...?
I really hope someone can make a repacker for this and give it to people we can trust around here that won't F up our game.

This is again the reason why I never shared the one I have for dragon nest. Just can't take chances with outsiders.

Last edited:

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
Not hard finding it. Repacking is just another problem since no ones created a tool for it as of yet. And even so the tool needs to be givin out to trusted people. This it isn't normal modding in them files.

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
You can glitch out via portal walk-run glitch.

Doesn't require any modding.

Locked topic since it's getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom