• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

changing various xml values

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanchopachito

Cricket
Hi,

There are all these different kinds of addons that change the values of different lines of code in the xml.
It made me wonder, are all these xml values just saved and loaded by the game from our computers and not checked from the bns server? I am asking this because when I tried reading some lines in the xml, it seemed that changing some of the values there would result in a very different game mechanic overall.
For example, the "<option name="attack-glide-auto-target-height" value="15.000000" />", if im not mistaken this value is the farthest distance from the target when you can use your glide attacks. This would be prolly broken/op if you just increase it and the values aren't checked in the server.

Sorry if this question might sound too stupid, I'm just curious as to how much we can actually change in the game by changing xml codes on the client side.
Thanks in advance :D

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Don't know about this, and I don't dare trying it either x'D

Test it out, tell us the results ^^

If it could be a nice addon, i'd gladly make one for this :p

OoO

Cricket
yh I have thought about these too there is a LOT in the client xmls that are just poorly worded or make little sense towards what they affect

I wonder if thing slike instant repair is possible, instant container opening ( things like chests in story dungeons that take 5 seconds) faster windwalk rather than 10 seconds etc...

I need some time away from RL to check these things out with one of my spare accounts via VPN ^^

Heldegas

Cricket
yh I have thought about these too there is a LOT in the client xmls that are just poorly worded or make little sense towards what they affect

I wonder if thing slike instant repair is possible, instant container opening ( things like chests in story dungeons that take 5 seconds) faster windwalk rather than 10 seconds etc...

I need some time away from RL to check these things out with one of my spare accounts via VPN ^^

I haven't searched or tried instant repairs yet, but if you go into the XML section of these forums you'll find the chest and transmutation patches, since those are client sided and don't technically affect others it does work and I use it personally. Helps a shit ton with every day dailies and exp charms.

I've tried a few others such as NPC talk distance (doesn't work and makes you unable to interact sometimes), status (stun, daze, kd) modifications (game won't load at all), and some achievements.

There's also the thing to spam without consequences or re-apply your group in F8's chat after you cancel (usually has 1 min CD).

There are actually three achievements you can "cheat" which are the only 3 appearing in the config xml, aka the 8 seconds dive, 1 min float and 3 min swim. You can change values to 1 second and it works. Beware though that if you're in a group or clan it will show them to others. Not worth the risk imo.

I made a post/guide about the UI color themes if you'd like to check that out as well.

Still lurking around the files, maybe some day i'll find something more useful than skills, transmutation and chest opening.

OoO

Cricket
yh the transmute and salvage I made the post and patch file for

but since then not really find much of anything QoL useful

the swim, glide and dive achievements I have personal patch file for new alts but didn't share here as mods would say unacceptable, same as I have personal patch for strafe backpedal speeds too again mods would say unacceptable (run speed in combat for instance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom