• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Unsolveable Can addon remove multi lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwqa

Cricket
License
My script need to remove <decision> lines..
but you know, if i put <decision> on addon script, it will remove all of <decision>s in the xml.
sigh...
i tried "<decision><condition skill="
and
"<decision>
<condition skill=".
No one works..

is there way to remove specific <decision> and </decision> lines?

16 inches of Chi

Sand Warrior
Not really. Addons work like find and replace in notepad so as you've noticed it does the thing on anything it finds so you have to be pretty specific to catch what you want.

IIRC it only works one line at a time too so your <decision> <condition> thing only picks up <decision> and ignores <condition> because it's on another line.

It's not really a big deal if you leave a random decision though as long as it's open and closed, it MIGHT cause just a teeny tiny bit of extra lag when the game runs down the skills to use or it might just ignore it all together.

What're you even trying to do?

wwwqa

Cricket
License
Not really. Addons work like find and replace in notepad so as you've noticed it does the thing on anything it finds so you have to be pretty specific to catch what you want.

IIRC it only works one line at a time too so your <decision> <condition> thing only picks up <decision> and ignores <condition> because it's on another line.

It's not really a big deal if you leave a random decision though as long as it's open and closed, it MIGHT cause just a teeny tiny bit of extra lag when the game runs down the skills to use or it might just ignore it all together.

What're you even trying to do?

I'm trying remove skill motion of SF.
This skill is grouped like

Code:
<layer>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=4
    </decision>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=3
    </decision>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=2
    </decision>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=1
    </decision>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=0
    </decision>
</layer>

If manually remove "<decision> skill3 </decision>" lines, skills are working as I designed. 0->1->2->4.
But with buddy's addon, buddy can only remove " <condition skill=3" line. In this case, All of(0 to 4) Skills are disappeared.

16 inches of Chi

Sand Warrior
Then I dunno. Maybe double check your code. If you just removed skill 3 it shouldn't impact the other skills.

Maybe add a line above skill 4 instead of removing the premade ones? But then you'll just use 3 after 0, so unless 0 is straight punch you're fucked.

Code:
<layer> <decision> <condition skill=4 </decision> <decision> <condition skill=2 </decision> etc.

<layer>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=4
    </decision>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=3
    </decision>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=2
    </decision>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=1
    </decision>
    <decision>
        <condition skill=0
    </decision>
</layer>

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Bns Buddy does not support multiline edits sadly. I tried implementing it and wasn't working.
I'll try again in a near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom