• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

BnS Buddy crashes after first launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFreeze

Cricket
I am having the following issue:
On the first launch everything is working correctly. Each time after that the process is crashing the explorer and not starting.
I checked for it in the Task Manager, but i couldn't find it so i downloaded ProcessExplorer. In ProcessExplorer the BnS Buddy.exe is indicated as suspended. After killing it I can manage the file (rename, delete, etc.) but still I can't make it start normaly...
Maybe I messed up something as I first downloaded the git version and run it from there...
I'm using Win 10 x64, running as administrator and also tried compatiability mode for Windows 7.
Any ideas will help...

GunerX

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
List of common things to try:
  • Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributed Packets
  • Microsoft.net Framework 4.0 or higher
  • Download the latest version of Buddy
  • Make sure you Extracted the Archive with no errors
  • Delete all Mods/Addons
  • Run a File Repair through the normal NCSOFT launcher
  • Restart your PC
  • Try to run the game, see if the error is still there

DrFreeze

Cricket
My bad... It is windows issue... Anything I try to open with administrator rights crashes the explorer...
Thank you very much for the help and for the tool :bnspeace3:

P. S.: He didn't locked you up long enough - the mobile menu sucks :bnslaugh:

GunerX

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My bad... It is windows issue... Anything I try to open with administrator rights crashes the explorer...
Thank you very much for the help and for the tool :bnspeace3:

P. S.: He didn't locked you up long enough - the mobile menu sucks :bnslaugh:
-shrugs- i dont view the site on mobile so idc xD

DrFreeze

Cricket
-shrugs- i dont view the site on mobile so idc xD
-facepalm- Please tell me that you know the Inspectror/Console and the toggle device function... If people these days started developing without that I'll resign from the development.... :D

GunerX

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
-facepalm- Please tell me that you know the Inspectror/Console and the toggle device function... If people these days started developing without that I'll resign from the development.... :D
its not that i dont know, its that i dont care XD
i do this all for free, no donations of any kind are coming my way, i made it look good for desktop, ed can make changes for mobile if he feels like it, but i think he's satisfied with it cause he usually views it on his phone anyway

DrFreeze

Cricket
Ed, if you're reading this - the next time you lock him up don't feed him too... You're spoiling him...

Just to close the tread. The issue was indeed a Windows related one.

If anyone has the same issue I did the following:
- Re-installed .NetFramework and Visual Runtimes
- Open Start/Run (StartLogo+R) and type "msconfig". Under "Services" tab click "Hide all Microsoft services" and disable all the rest that you don't know if you need them or not (most of the time you don't need them if you don't know them ;) )
- Windows 7 users can do the same for the "Startup" tab in the System Configuration. Windows 8+ must go into Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Task Manager) and select the tab Startup
- Uninstall Norton / I didn't have it but I strongly recomend it /
- Restart and test it. It still not working continue
- Open Start menu and type in search "cmd" -> right click -> run as admin
- type "sfc /scannow" to check the integrity of the windows files
- scan with Malwarebytes won't be bad too

I hope this will help someone :)

Thank you for the great tool again !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom