The Templar and Barrier Keeper are seeking restitution—in blood. Join the fight in Blade & Soul: False Idols on July 25 and bring an end to the Automatons’ blind servitude!
Community Manager Bethany “Liinxy” Stout and Producer Jonathan “Babbletr0n” Lien showed off Blade & Soul: False Idols’ content, features, and events in our most recent livestream. Watch and follow along as they take you through a tour of what’s new!
Hall of the Keeper and Hall of the Templar
With the Kuranos Cube returned to the inner sanctum of Nightfall Sanctuary, the alcove doors have opened once more. The Templar and Barrier Keeper, living idols built as the prime mechanical wonders of an empire that is faded and no more, have awoken within their halls.
No one has paid them tribute in some time, and now they’re seeking restitution— in blood.
Enter the Hall of the Keeper and the Hall of the Templar raids and bring an end to the Automatons’ blind servitude.
Fortune Falls In-game Event
July 25–August 15
The Fortune Falls Event has returned! Challenge Kegleg Jeg and his Ploggles in Fortune Falls, and then fish up some surprises in Jadestone Village. This event gives players a chance to upgrade their Fleeting Pet Aura to exchange for rewards, including a permanent Awakened Hongmoon Pet Aura!
In addition, players can exchange higher stages of Fleeting Pet Aura to earn better rewards, such as the Star Power costume, and much more!
Premium Membership Benefits
Additional Premium Membership benefits are incoming! Get free monthly outfit delivery stamps, a 20% discount on Chromatic Thread, free Character Alteration Vouchers with 90 Day and 365 Day Premium Membership, and improved Login Rewards!
Items and Systems Changes
We’re making a number of impactful changes to core items and systems. Click the link below for a look at what’s coming with this update, and be sure to scroll down for the full patch notes.
Blade & Soul: False Idols 4.7 Patch Notes
Content & Events
- Hall of the Templar and Hall of the Keeper, new 12-player raids, are now available.
- Complete The Emperor's Tomb - Chapter 5: Stealing the Light to access the new raids.
- The Fortune Falls event returns and will be available from July 25 through August 15.
- Complete the Fortune Falls event dungeon to earn Fishing Hook tokens.
- Purchase the 21-day temporary Master Troller costume from Dragon Express for 1 Gold.
- Equip the Master Troller costume to use Fishing Hook wheel tokens on the fishing spots in Jadestone Village to earn 2 guaranteed Fleeting Angler’s Oil event tokens as well as a random chance at other prizes:
Contains 2 Void Fragment with a chance at other rewards
Random upgrade materials
Contains 2 Ascendance Stone and 3 Galaxy Fragment with a chance at other PvP rewards
Open with 60 Soulstone Crystal to receive Steel Heart
Open with 3 Moonstone Crystal to receive Silken Splendor
Open with 30 Sacred Crystal to receive Ebondrake Wheel
Open with 3 Elysian Crystal to receive Resolution
Transmute with Special Hongmoon XP Charm and 20 Gold to receive Premium Hongmoon XP Charm
Goldfish of Fortune
Sell to NPC for 1000 Gold
Divine Grace Stone
- Make sure to press F to collect your reward after using a Fishing Hook. In the case of Pet Pack, Sacred Vial, and Divine Grace Stone, you'll need to also press Y to confirm that the item will bind to you.
- Collect additional Fleeting Angler’s Oil event tokens from Daily Challenge and Raids:
Polished Orb Event Tokens
Dawn of Khanda Vihar
The Memory of Meganura
Fallen Aransu School
Aransu Has Fallen
The Eternal Champion
- Use 3 Fleeting Angler’s Oil event tokens to purchase a Fleeting Pet Aura – Stage 1 from Dragon Express.
- Use Fleeting Angler’s Oil and Gold to upgrade the Fleeting Pet Aura to higher stages. Upgrades cannot fail.
- The temporary Fleeting Pet Auras have the same stats as various existing Pet Auras during the event duration.
- Trade in Illusion Pet of various stages for rewards in the Special tab of Dragon Express.
- The highest stage, Brilliant Fleeting Pet Aura, can be traded for a permanent Awakened Gusty/Loyal/Furious Hongmoon Pet Aura.
- Additional rewards that you can obtain include but are not limited to:
- Star Power costume
- Sacred Vial
- Hongmoon Heptagonal Sapphire/Peridot/Ruby
- Transcendence Engine
- Pet Pack
- Complete Daily Challenge, Battleground Daily Quests, and Battleground Weekly Quests to earn Ephemeral Survival Charm which gives you 5000 PvP Defense and 1500 Critical Defense for 10 minutes, lasting through death. Ephemeral Survival Charm expires on September 5.
- Daily Challenge grants 3 Ephemeral Survival Charms, while Battleground quests reward them as follows:
Participate in Three Matches in Whirlwind Valley
Three Beluga Lagoon Matches
Participate in Three Matches in Beluga Lagoon
Lighting Up Three Matches
Participate in Three Matches in Nova Core
Whirlwind Valley Triple Crown
Win Three Matches in Whirlwind Valley
Beluga Lagoon Triple Crown
Win Three Matches in Beluga Lagoon
Win Three Matches in Nova Core
Dungeons & Raids
- Starting from the week of July 18-25, you must have completed at least one clear of Tower of Infinity or Circle of Sundering in order to be eligible for weekly rewards in that ranking.
- Daily and Weekly Challenge
- Adjusted the quests available for Daily Challenge.
- Hall of the Keeper and Hall of the Templar have been added to Weekly Challenge.
- You now have to complete 4 quests to earn the Weekly Challenge Reward, up from 3.
- Reduced the amount of Gold earned from Weekly Raid Quests.
- The Daily Challenge Reward Chest now always contains 5 Gold, with a chance at additional Gold.
- Decreased the amount of tradeable upgrade materials in the Weekly Challenge Treasure Chest and increased the amount of tradeable upgrade materials in the Daily Challenge Treasure Chest.
- If you leave a 1v1 Duel Match or 3v3 Tag Match before the match is completed you will be unable to queue for 5 minutes. If you leave another shortly after, you will be unable to queue for 30 minutes.
- If you leave a 6v6 Battleground before it’s completed you will be unable to queue for 10 minutes. If you leave another shortly after, you will be unable to queue for 60 minutes.
- You no longer lose 20 Rating for disconnecting from a 6v6 Battleground. Instead, disconnecting from a 6v6 Battleground now counts as a loss and you will lose Rating as if you lost; however, if you reconnect you are no longer subject to the automatic loss.
- Adjusted ratings gain/loss when a player disconnects from a Battleground.
- Players who AFK during Battlegrounds will no longer receive Battle Point, XP, Quest Credit, or Achievement Credit.
- Celestial Basin
- You can now purchase Eminence XP Charm which grants 1 million XP for 3000 Celestial Peach. Eminence XP Charm can only be used by characters that are Level 55 Hongmoon Level 1-12.
- You can now purchase Draken Core for 300 Celestial Peach.
- You can now purchase Hexagonal Diamond for 2500 Celestial Peach.
- Dragon Express Solar Energy Exchange
- You can now purchase Eminence XP Charm which grants 1 million XP for 5 Solar Energy. Eminence XP Charm can only be used by characters that are Level 55 Hongmoon Level 1-12.
- You can now purchase Courage, Alluvion, Glory, and Sagewood Soul Badge Chest for 125 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Sea Glass for 10 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Aransu Orb for 10 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Blood Pearl for 20 Solar Energy.
- The cost to purchase Void Fragment has been reduced to 3 Solar Energy, down from 5.
- The cost to purchase Raven Feather has been reduced to 3 Solar Energy, down from 5.
- The cost to purchase Raven King’s Soul has been reduced to 10 Solar Energy, down from 60.
- You can now purchase Hive Queen’s Wings for 10 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Hive Queen’s Heart for 30 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Blackstone Fragment for 5 Solar Energy.
- The cost to purchase Special Square Obsidians has been reduced to 10, down from 15.
- You can now transmute Special Square Obsidians to Pentagonal Obsidian for 10 Solar Energy, 15 Soulstone Crystal, and 5 Gold.
- Divine Grace Stone
- Divine Grace Stone is now Bound to Account and costs 3 Gold to mail.
- Scion’s Keep now drops 2 guaranteed Divine Grace Stone with a chance at a Sealed Divine Grace Stone. The overall average acquisition rate of Divine Grace Stones is unchanged.
- Replaced Skypetal Soulstone Bundle, Pouch, and Chest that can be purchased from Soulstone Plains with new versions that reward a higher ratio of Soulstone Crystals to Soulstones but the same amount combined overall.
- Last Login Time is now displayed for Clan Members.
- Hongmoon Levels are now displayed on the Character Select screen.
- Tabs in the Manage Equipment window are now hidden when they do not apply to the selected item.
- Damage Participation, Boss Blocking Rate, and Boss Evasion Rate now display up to the hundredths place in Detailed Battle Records.
- Fixed an issue where some costumes purchased with Special Arena Outfit Tickets could not be stored in the Showroom.
- Fixed various localization issues in English, French, German, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Hard Mode Merchant of Wonders
- Completing the following dungeons in Hard Mode will now have a chance to spawn the Merchant of Wonders who will sell a variety of items and cosmetics at great prices:
- Naryu Sanctum
- Irontech Forge
- Ebondrake Lair
- Starstone Mines
- Hollow’s Heart
- Drowning Deeps
- Ransacked Treasury
- Sandstorm Temple
- Naryu Sanctum
- The enrage timer for Xanos has been increased to 5 minutes 50 seconds, up from 5 minutes.
- Irontech Forge
- Voltaic Rod Chain Explosion, Voltaic Rod Explosion, and Time Bomb now deal damage instead of causing instant death on Normal Difficulty.
- Starstone Mines
- 2 Stacks of Frostbite now deals damage instead of causing Near Death status in Normal difficulty.
- Absorb Freezing Burst, Frost Wave, and Frost Breath no longer cause instant death in Normal difficulty.
- Updated the Frost Prison tooltip to state that it deals damage after 15 seconds.
- Hollow's Heart
- You now receive the Roots Immunity buff after stepping on 1 Lifebloom in Normal Difficulty, down from 2.
- Circle of Sundering
- Fixed an issue where Master Hong would sometimes shift the targeting of the Pummel AoE attack.
- Nightfall Sanctuary
- Flamewave Tablet no longer applies a slow effect during the Grand Celestial Emperor encounter.
- The red pillar now deals damage instead of causing instant death during the Grand Celestial Emperor encounter.
- Mushin's Tower
- Naksun no longer drops Healing Tonic, Dumpling, Sacred Orb, or Elysian Orb but now always drops a Sacred Crystal and has a chance to drop an Elysian Crystal.
- The Searstrike Sisters no longer drop Sacred Orb or Elysian Orb but now always drop a Sacred Crystal and have a chance to drop an Elysian Crystal.
- Yunsang no longer drops Sacred Orb but now will always drop 2 Sacred Crystals.
- Yunsang no longer drops Elysian Orb but now has a chance to drop an Elysian Crystal.
- Raid Boss Loot
- Raven King in Skybreak Spire now always drops a Sealed Raven King’s Ferocity/Energy/Animus and has a chance to drop an unsealed Raven King’s Ferocity/Energy/Animus.
- Hive Queen in Temple of Eluvium now has an equal chance to drop sealed or unsealed Hive Queen’s Rancor/Barb/Husk.
- Scorptamaton in Nightfall Sanctuary now drops Lightstealer’s Armor/Aura/Wing.
- Removed Soul Badge Exchange tab from Junsorei.
- Celestial Heart can now be upgraded to Ultimate Hongmoon Heart.
- Brilliant Soul Sealing Charm has been renamed to Brilliant Sealing Charm and can now also seal certain stages of Pet Aura.
- Pet Aura
- Pet Auras can now be upgraded to Unleashed Alpha Pet Aura.
- Reduced upgrade costs for all existing Pet Auras (Pet Aura through Ultimate Unleashed Pet Aura).
- You can now seal Unleashed Hongmoon Pet Aura and Unleashed Ultimate Pet Aura.
- Reduced the amount of Empyrean Spirit Stone needed to upgrade Seraph/Baleful Weapon to Riftwalk, Dawnforged, or Raven Weapon from 5 to 1.
- Reduced the amount of Empyrean Spirit Stone needed to upgrade Riftwalk/Dawnforged Weapon to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon from 5 to 2.
- Legendary Accessories
- Reduced the cost for Stage 1 Draken Accessories and Dragon/Tiger Bracelet Chest from 200 Draken Core to 100 Draken Core and removed achievement requirements.
- Reduced the cost for Hellion Accessories and Quickgrip Gloves from 250 Hellion Core to 200 Hellion Core and reduced achievement requirements from 100 kills to 10 kills.
- Dragon Express Premium Membership Tab
- Grand Celestial Soul Shield – Chest 1 through 8 are now available from the Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express. Chests 3-8 require certain achievements to purchase.
- Fixed an issue with overlapping activation triggers for Magnum Soul Badge and Sagewood Soul Badge.
- Thunderstruck (LMB)
- Replaced Focus Recovery tag with Knockdown tag on the tooltip.
- Heart Stab / Bombard (RMB)
- Removed Focus Recovery tag from the Heart Stab and Bombard tooltips.
- Fixed an issue where you could cast Heart Stab while affected by Divine Dragon or Subjugation while specced for Bombard.
- Fixed an issue where an opponent could not cast Second Wind when defending against Soaring Falcon while affected by Knockdown.
- Rolling Typhoon (F)
- Rolling Typhoon now absorbs 2% of damage dealt as HP.
- Fixed an issue where you would sometimes not be able to use Rolling Typhoon during Whirling Scourge when the Alluvion effect expired.
- The tooltip now correctly displays the skill requirement as During Whirling Scourge instead of After using Whirling Scourge.
- Retreat (S)
- Added Movement Speed Up tag to the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where Sword Shroud and Winged Protector tooltips were switched in the Hongmoon Training Room.
- You now have to successfully execute the Resistance - Warding Spirit Training twice to complete it in the Hongmoon Training Room.
- The Sword Shroud effect during the Resistance - Sword Shroud Training in the Hongmoon Training Room now lasts 3 seconds, up from 1.
- Holy Fire, Ancestral, Colossus, and Invincible Soul Badge can now be activated with Five Point Strike in addition to Blade Storm.
- Sagewood and Undying Soul Badge now cause Raid to decrease the cooldown of Sundering Sword by 9 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
- Courage, Ancestral, Limitless, and Undying Soul Badge now causes Sundering Sword or Whirling Scourge to reduce the cooldown of Lunar Slash by 5 seconds, up from 4 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where the Allegiance Soul Badge showed the incorrect skill enhancement values.
- Flicker (LMB)
- Flicker Move 1 now absorbs 2% of damage dealt as HP, down from 5%.
- Lightning Blade (LMB)
- Lightning Blade now costs 0 Focus, down from 1.
- Raid (2)
- Removed Disable Approach and Movement Speed Reduction tags from the tooltip.
- Lightning Draw / Searing Slash (4)
- Lightning Draw and Searing Slash now increase Critical Hit Chance by 10% instead of Critical.
- Fixed an issue where the Critical Bonus tooltip was not displaying correctly after using Lightning Draw or Searing Slash.
- Blitzblade Scourge (Z)
- Removed Defense Piercing tag from the tooltip.
- Blitzblade Scourge now deals Flame damage with Flame Build selected.
- Sundering Sword (Z)
- Sundering Sword now absorbs 25% of damage dealt as HP.
- Dual Strike (C)
- Added Disable Approach and Movement Speed Reduction tags to the tooltip.
- Shoulder Charge (C)
- Added Daze tag to the Shoulder Charge Base, Move 1, and Move 2 tooltips.
- Blade Call (V)
- Blade Call Move 1 now causes Honed Slash to decrease the cooldown of Lunar Slash by 0.5 seconds with Flock of Blades active.
- Phoenix Wing (V)
- Phoenix Wing Move 1 now causes Dragontongue to deal even more additional damage with Flock of Blades active.
- Whirling Scourge (V)
- Whirling Scourge now deals Flame damage with Flame Build selected.
- Sword Shroud (F)
- Added Resist Damage tag to the tooltip for Sword Shroud Move 3.
- Piledriver, Judgment, Searing Strike, and Scorching Strike now deal Shadow damage with Shadow Build selected.
- Eradicate and Galeforce now have a higher chance to trigger effects from weapons, accessories, and gems.
- Eradicate (RMB)
- Eradicate now absorbs 3% of damage dealt as HP.
- Galeforce (F)
- Galeforce now absorbs 10% of damage dealt as HP, down from 20%.
- Divinity Bracelet now grants the Divinity effect for 8 seconds upon a successful Cold Snap, up from 6 seconds.
- Blazing Palm (LMB)
- Added Projectile and Focus Recovery tags to the tooltip.
- Impact (1)
- Added Focus Recovery tag to the tooltip.
- Awakened Dragonchar / Awakened Glacial Beam (2)
- Added HP Recovery tag to the tooltip.
- Phantom Grip (4)
- Replaced the Movement Speed Up tag with Movement Speed Reduction tag on the tooltip.
- Frost Burst (Z)
- Fixed an issue where Frost Burst would sometimes apply Frost Prison even when it was resisted.
- Snowball (X)
- Added Parry Piercing tag to the tooltip.
- Dragonfrost (F)
- Added Parry Piercing and Focus Recovery tags to the Flame Dragonfrost tooltip.
- Added Parry Piercing, Focus Recovery, and Movement Speed Reduction tags to the Frost Dragonfrost tooltip.
- Dual Dragons (F)
- Added Parry Piercing and Focus Recovery tags to the tooltip.
- Frost Armor (Tab)
- Added HP Recovery tag to Frost Armor Base, Move 1, and Move 2 tooltips.
Kung Fu Master
- Twin Barrels (2)
- Fixed an issue where the Joint Attack UI for Twin Barrels Move 3 would show Stun instead of Daze.
- Moonshine / Firefall / Sidewinder (C)
- Replaced the Chains tag with the Disable Approach tag on the Hongmoon Secret Technique Moonshine (Move 2), Firefall (Move 2), and Sidewinder (Move 3) tooltips.
- Juggle (C)
- Added "Increases Evasion Rate by 100%" to the tooltip.
- Tiger Strike (2)
- Tiger Strike now absorbs 6% of damage dealt as HP, down from 10%.
- Tiger Strike now has a higher chance to trigger effects from weapons, accessories, and gems.
- Leg Sweep (3)
- Fixed an issue where Leg Sweep would sometimes cancel while casting
- Tremor (V)
- Removed Joint Attack tag from the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where Kingfist or Frost Storm would cast instead of Kingstrike or Ice Helix when cast quickly after reaching Chi Level 5.
- Champion Soul Shield 3-piece set effect now increases the damage of Kingfist and Kingstrike by 65%, down from 70%.
- Undefeated Soul Shield 8-piece set effect now increases the damage of Kingfist and Kingstrike by 100%, down from 110%.
- Divine Dragon Bracelet now causes Kingfist to deal 150%/240%/340%/480% of Attack Power as additional damage while the Gold Dragon effect is active, down from 180%/300%/420%/600%.
- Divine Dragon Bracelet now causes Kingstrike to deal 450%/720%/1020%/1440% of Attack Power as additional damage while the Gold Dragon effect is active, down form 540%/900%/1260%/1800%.
- Starbreaker Bracelet now causes Cobalt Punch and Ripple Punch to deal 360%/380%/400%/420% of Attack Power as additional damage while the Starbreaker effect is active, down from 410%/430%/455%/480%.
- Starbreaker Bracelet now causes Kingfist to deal 340%/360%/380%/400% of Attack Power as additional damage while the Starbreaker effect is active.
- Starbreaker Bracelet now causes Kingstrike to deal 1020%/1080%/1140%/1200% of Attack Power as additional damage while the Starbreaker effect is active.
- Starbreaker Bracelet no longer enhances Dragonfury.
- Magnum Soul Badge and Arcana Soul Badge now cause Focus Chi to reduce the cooldown of Self Defense Chi by 35 seconds, up from 30 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where Kingfist Move 2 would not decrease the cooldown of Focus Chi with Glory Soul Badge equipped.
- Cobalt Punch (RMB)
- Fixed an issue where damage would not display correctly upon 2 critical hits with Cobalt Punch.
- Awakened Cobalt Punch / Awakened Right Punch (RMB)
- Awakened Cobalt Punch and Awakened Right Punch now have an area of effect of 3m around the target.
- Displace (2)
- Displace now deals Earth damage with Earth Build selected.
- Leg Sweep (4)
- Fixed an issue where Leg Sweep would sometimes cancel while casting
- Burning Tundra (V)
- You can no longer cast Burning Tundra again when hitting a target 4 times with Snowball.
- The cooldown of Burning Tundra Move 2 is now 24 seconds.
- Whirlwind (V)
- The cooldown of Whirlwind Move 2 has been reduced to 24 seconds, down from 30 seconds.
- Beckon (E)
- Increased the range of Beckon to 50m, up from 30m.
- Uppercut (V)
- Increased cast speed.
- Fixed an issue where Uppercut would sometimes apply Airborne even when resisted.
- Time Distortion (Tab)
- Fixed an issue where Time Distortion would sometimes cancel when summoning a Thrall with Time Distortion active.
Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Please use the alternative launcher provided in our BnS Buddy Discord Server to able to play with addons/mods.