• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Other XML content for Archer auto 'F' ... what does this mean?

Astara_

Cricket
I was looking at the patch for the dawn F auto-press.patch, and am curious. I split out classic + bns mode, just to focus on 1 at a time:

Have:
Search = <result context-3="211340" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" />
Replace = <result context-3="211340" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" key-status="unpress" />
Search = <result context-3="211341" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" />
Replace = <result context-3="211341" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" key-status="unpress" />
Search = <result context-3="211342" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" />
Replace = <result context-3="211342" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" key-status="unpress" />
Search = <result context-3="211343" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" />
Replace = <result context-3="211343" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" key-status="unpress" />
Search = <result context-3="211344" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" />
Replace = <result context-3="211344" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" key-status="unpress" />
Search = <result context-3="211345" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" />
Replace = <result context-3="211345" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" key-status="unpress" />

So it seems the Search lines look for a line to replace, and I guess the numbers are the i-frame type moves.
and it seems to add a key-status="unpress" to each of those lines.

How does that equate to pressing an 'F' in game? Wouldn't I see some change to a key-status="press" for the ability associated with 'F'?

Thanks for any insight.

Astara_

Cricket
PLEASE NOTE: I am not trying (yet) to write a patch or extension. I am only trying to understand how the above code does what it claims to do. I'm beginning to thing that it doesn't. If it *does* do what it claims to do, I just don't understand it -- so I am trying to understand it. If it does not do what it claims to do, I will likely take it back to where I got it and mention this. If they can't do anything about it (and if I was an idiot for using it), THEN I will probably try to do what is needed to "fix" it (make it do what its title says it does).

But the above lines (along with a matching set for control-mod="normal", are all that are in the extention to add 'f' after any of the fast-move ability usages. Apart from the tutorial you point to, I am trying to verify how 'key-status="unpress"' adds the 'f' skill after any of the fast-move skills,
because those are the only lines in the extension I was told to add, that does an 'auto-f' after every fast move.

You point me to a general tutorial, on how to remove skills from simple mode, but that's not what I asked -- I'm just trying to verify what
the above code does and how it _adds_ (not removes) the 'f-skill' after any of the movement keys.

If I understand what you are saying, it doesn't?

Please understand, I am a Computer Scientist who has programmed in many different languages, and I'm trying to apply the
same 'rigour' and detail of understanding to the code above. I just don't see how it does what it claims it does.

I will try to go through the URL you point at, but that isn't telling me how a key-status="unpress" (which you say isn't covered
in the URL, would equate into what the extension is supposed to do.

And please, understand, I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't understand and can be incredibly dense until I actually "get it".

Thanks.

Last edited:

16 inches of Chi

Sand Warrior
I was looking at the patch for the dawn F auto-press.patch, and am curious. I split out classic + bns mode, just to focus on 1 at a time:

Have:
Search = <result context-3="211345" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" />
Replace = <result context-3="211345" context-ui-effect="key-change" control-mode="bns" key-status="unpress" />

So it seems the Search lines look for a line to replace, and I guess the numbers are the i-frame type moves.
and it seems to add a key-status="unpress" to each of those lines.

How does that equate to pressing an 'F' in game? Wouldn't I see some change to a key-status="press" for the ability associated with 'F'?

Thanks for any insight.

The F key is already in the code, it's Context-3. Context-1 is LMB and Context-2 is RMB for reference, it's mentioned in the general tutorial Cupid linked which is probably why he wanted you to read it.

As for "Key status unpressed" I have no practical experience with it but I haven't seen anyone complaining that it doesn't work in general so you should be good there, if you're having trouble with the addon you should do general troubleshooting first like getting a clean XML and reapplying the addon.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
The F key is already in the code, it's Context-3. Context-1 is LMB and Context-2 is RMB for reference, it's mentioned in the general tutorial Cupid linked which is probably why he wanted you to read it.

Exactly this!

All the info is explained there, so, why should I repeat myself every other post?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

As for "Key status unpressed" I have no practical experience with it

I also have no experience with it, which is why it doesn't exist at all in the post I've linked.

When I experiment with it, I will add it.

Based on the name ALONE, i assume it fakes a key press for the skill.
Again, THIS IS A WILD GUESS BASED ON THE NAME.

Top Bottom