• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Open There is only 1 problem left.

rounlet

Cricket
I want to make Force Master's weapons transparent.
The body has turned transparent, but I don't know how to erase the hanging string.

The weapon number is 030119 and is included in 59Pak.
As a result of analyzing the Col file, it was found that the effect of weapon number 030008 was pulled.
But I can't proceed anymore.

1638972404308.png

Last edited:

TexOperator

Cricket
Modder
2. I want to make weapons transparent.
I think I should use D file among texture files of a specific weapon,
but I don't know how to do it in detail.

Correct, you will want to edit the D (diffuse map). For transparency you'll have to pay attention to its compression - you can see it in umodel, in the upper left corner. If the compression is DXT1, you will have to change it (DXT5, BC7, uncompressed, anything that has an alpha channel).
I recommend cooking the texture with UE4.25 in that case. Otherwise (if you use BnS Mod Tool) you'll have to hex-edit the corresponding uasset file to reflect the change of compression.

rounlet

Cricket
Correct, you will want to edit the D (diffuse map). For transparency you'll have to pay attention to its compression - you can see it in umodel, in the upper left corner. If the compression is DXT1, you will have to change it (DXT5, BC7, uncompressed, anything that has an alpha channel).
I recommend cooking the texture with UE4.25 in that case. Otherwise (if you use BnS Mod Tool) you'll have to hex-edit the corresponding uasset file to reflect the change of compression.
Thank you for your answer.
I used Mod Tool to export and I was able to make 030119 more transparent through Alpha Channel.

However, there are two problems again.
One is that it's not completely transparent.
The other is that the string of the weapon has not been erased.

1638787916918.png

TexOperator

Cricket
Modder
One is that it's not completely transparent.
The other is that the string of the weapon has not been erased.

Not sure about that. You could try to edit specular (*_s) and environment (*_m) maps as well. For testing purposes you could just replace them with a blank texture, and see how it looks in-game.

rounlet

Cricket
Not sure about that. You could try to edit specular (*_s) and environment (*_m) maps as well. For testing purposes you could just replace them with a blank texture, and see how it looks in-game.
I tried, but it didn't work much.
Even though M and S files were added alpha channels, they had no effect.

Top Bottom