• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Addon New Auto Combat EVERYWHERE ?

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
So, what you're asking for is: can I bot and not do what games are intended which is picking up a controller with your HANDS and play the game?
Which is the point of all video games should you know.

nenad385i

Cricket
what is the point to waste time to write... just answer to my question yikes

and in Auto Combat is the Skill rotaion onpoint maybe you can use this for Macros or what ever...

#edit i found this
159516a4fd82bd9070736e26b1b83433.png

Last edited:

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
what is the point to waste time to write... just answer to my question yikes

and in Auto Combat is the Skill rotaion onpoint maybe you can use this for Macros or what ever...

#edit i found this
159516a4fd82bd9070736e26b1b83433.png
We allowed simple mode everywhere because it requires user interaction.
But we won't endorse auto combat everywhere.
I might as well lock it from all my xml editing tools.

kaime

Cricket
We allowed simple mode everywhere because it requires user interaction.
But we won't endorse auto combat everywhere.
I might as well lock it from all my xml editing tools.

For me even if some people will try and even succeed in "botting" this way outside event zone I still think
it's not something you should prohibit in the app. It's a slippery slope in my opinion. Editing XML already
give unfair advantage in some cases over people who don't do it. You might end up at the point you gonna
fix/patch every future exploits possible with the buddy. For instance if the demon skills are still to be abuse
you should also prevent that to happen, right? I understand on the other hand NCSoft might ban buddy if
it's gonna be possible to do stuff like this with it.

I am not interested in this auto combat btw. Just shaing my thoughts.

Kodiak

Cricket
bro, you should just disable the possibility to edit such stuff, as it is indeed gamebreaking.
sure id love to autofarm with my alt in Moon Refuge, but NC hasnt enabled it for everyone, so its gamebreaking if people autofarm. just my 2 cents.

Astara_

Cricket
Kodiak -- if you or anyone else thinks that auto combat will help anyone, ANYWHERE, and do anything other than provide a brief amusement, at the risk of being labeled a bot, I question what you are are calling 'auto-combat' and your labeling it 'gamebreaking'. Puleeze, It was imperfect as it was. It only worked because they set up a zone where there weren't many obstacles and there were constantly spawning monsters. Second, getting low-level, untradeable mats from there hardly seems any more game breaking that doing the same with auto-fishing.

As for Dad (first responder), a game is intended to *entertain you*. There isn't really only 1 way to play other than what you make of it. I mean someone could equally say playing a game is about getting off your duff and using your body to go out and toss a ball with friends (keeping social distance + wearing gloves, ofc).. and that pushing buttons with your fingers isn't about play at all, but a weird type of work. What makes it play -- whether or not it is fun.

Now here's one for you. I don't type fast and never will. Are those who have the dexterity of a teen and can mash buttons faster than I ever have in my life, using something that not everyone one has? Of course! Not everyone has the most nimble fingers to compete on a level playing ground with skilled players, yet those same players don't think twice about using their natural superiority over others in reaction time and super-dexterity that most people will never have to beat them in pvp and to leave them behind in pve (including shutting them out of groups). You think that's ok, but using a bot that would never win anything should be labeled as game-breaking cheating?

In a book NCSoft designers contributed to on designing mmo's, one of the contributers talks about how it is not fun for lower skill and more casual players to always get beaten on the game field. They talked about ways to automatically adjust for that to level the playing field and to give the widest range of people the ability to compete and have fun. WE aren't talking about professional competition, but ways so that groups of players don't go off and form their own exclusive groups to more easily exclude new, more casual and less talented players so they can get to endgame more quickly.

Problem associate with that, is that you can't favor both types of audiences -- new users/casual users or end-game users. Ultimately it comes down to a tradeoff. To focus on endgame harms the environment for new players and eventually causes damage in that the game can't draw in replacement players fast enough to support the exit of those at endgame with nothing else to do. I.e. by focusing on endgame players, you will make the game fun for them "for a little while", until there is nothing more and the game has to close up. By focusing on new players and their continued development -- the ones they will lost are those who are at the end of the game -- who'd be lost anyway. Without a steady stream of new players, the devs have taken the road toward killing the game, consciously or not. It's hard to believe a company that's been in business as long as NCSoft, wouldn't know what they were doing.

And to put the bow on this -- do you really think any auto-fighting player bot would have any chance on any level against end game players?
Puleeze!

Kodiak

Cricket
@Astara_ did you actually read what i wrote? i said its gamebreaking and i dont want it as it is unfair towards others and asked Kogaruh to seal that part of the xml for others to tryna exploit.

would i want it? sure but only if its oficially from NCSoft themselves.

Astara_

Cricket
how is it game breaking? Just saying it is pink fuscia doesn't mean it is. How does it break the game (which is already broken because it allows some types of cheating but not others).

Astara_

Cricket
"I, so can't answer this person's question, so lets make fun of them": "I'm so done with having to stick to facts!" :bnslaugh:lol so typical

Last edited:

Zsi

Cricket
It's gamebreaking because it enables uncontestable botting in all areas of the map. You could go to celestial basin and set it to auto combat and farm treasure chests, and no one could stop you. Auto combat was enabled in ebon realm, a map that was specifically designed for it, and you could be killed by other players during it. As such it should be limited to ebon realm only.

Last edited:

Astara_

Cricket
I don't think it would farm treasure chests -- but likely only ebon-specific drops that would have a different ID. They might put it there to get kills, but the monsters in CB are tougher than the ones in in ebon, AND there are lots of obstacles you'd run into and be trapped -- unable to run around. The terrain is too uneven and full of traps for the simple automated bot that was put in the ebon area. It would take considerable effort, likely not possible to put that in CB and have it work. I wouldn't call that game breaking -- there are too many things in the natural terrain that would stop it. Even in Moon Refuge, it wouldn't be hard for a character to run into stuff, but it is a more even terrain.

To claim something is game breaking you need to have a higher level of proof than can be provided. Even if they got treasures in CB, they are bound treasures that are worth nothing more than you can get from afk fishing.

That's sorta my other point -- I'm almost certain you'd get more mats out of fishing than with an auto-combat bot virtually anywhere. To make a claim that it breaks the game, it has to be a clear cut advantage that gives them something significant beyond what others can get -- and you can farm all year in CB, and get nothing that will let you progress -- so its worthless.

That's what I mean by it not being game breaking. People throw around these excessive terms to make some point, but I'd love to see someone try -- it would be more in the amusement category than anywhere else. If it is so easy, for anyone to do it, let them try and report back. Suffice it to say, there'd be few people who could begin to pull it off and I really think they'd be setting themselves up for a large disappointment if they expected to get any edge out of it.

OTOH, designing it to only be useable where you can get killed is, just sadistic. And please don't think that no one could stop you -- you'd have to farm an area for weeks and even then its unsealed mats, not "for profit". You think it would be long before someone reported them for botting? The game has built-in checks and balances that would prevent it from coming close to game-breaking.

I do appreciate your answer, but try to understand, it really isn't the threat some might think it is. It wasn't an 'ai' in any respect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom