• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Request Addon Fulfilled EU4 gamepad support.

GodlessLexi

Cricket
Well... They removed gamepad support... it was like a slap in the face for me and a lot of people I've met in game... I have had arthritis issues since my teens, my hands and wrists can not handle gaming at a keyboard and mouse anymore, so I've always played with gamepad, the windows 10/ x-box one official controller specifically. Like I said I have met a lot of people having the same situation where gamepad is the only way we can even enjoy the game...

So my request is, once the new update is figured out, if someone could work out a mod to put gamepad support back in the game... (if they don't fix it, and I doubt they will) Preferably with the same layout the game always had, it just worked and worked well before. one of the few things in the game that worked flawlessly and they got rid of it, or broke it or something its hard to get good answers even some say its broken, some say they announced before they were getting rid of it... Honestly I'm surprised they didn't think to make it a premium feature at least, they do love money.

I know I and many others would appreciate it.

Last edited:

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
You can add gamepad support the same way people have been doing for over a decade: Free software to map keyboard keys to gamepad inputs.

The time you took to write this question would be the time you could have spend to find the multiple tools available online, check reviews and pick one.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member

^ gamepad support suposedly will be worked on.

GodlessLexi

Cricket
Ok Thanks for the feedback, it is good to know they at least are working on it. For those like me who don't want to wait I have found that the best option to get game controls that match the old controller setup, is JoyToKey , which allows you to use button combos. I have uploaded a JoyToKey config file for anyone who wants to skip the headache of controller setup, it works for movement and combat really close to traditional setup.

*Note* this is just the config save file, you will have to go search joytokey on google and download separately. open joytokey folder in my documents and place unzipped config file there. Or use this link: https://joytokey.net/en/

***** I used a windows/xbox one official wireless controller for setup.

Attachments

• Blade and Soul Combat Ready JoyToKey config file.rar
    593 bytes · Views: 63
Last edited:
Top Bottom