• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Other Animation Swapping

XTGMods

Bamboo Warrior
Hello, so far as i understand it (only partially of course), animation swapping can be done through hex editing names of animsets. With regards to idle animations, i have tested swapping idles between various races. And it seems that idle swapping only works if there exists a common race+class combination, is this correct? For example, wardens (AKA warriors), both Jin and Gon can be wardens so when i went to switch JinF idle to GonF idle, it works. Same thing with soul fighter, both JinF and GonF can be soul fighters, hence it works. However, if there exists no common race+class combination, the character T-poses. For example, switching JinF gunner idle with GonF idle, this T-poses because only Jins can be gunners and Gons can't be gunners, this also true?

1.png

I also played around with move animset, the race+class combo is weird with running animations though. For some reason, i could get Yun's running animation on a JinF gunner but not GonF's running animation on Yun KFM. Even though, both Yun and Gon can be KFMs, the running animation swap of the two just ends up with weird T-poses. Yet, both Jin and Yun can be gunners, but somehow their animations are swappable? So has anyone found out what exactly causes this issue? Or is this a limitation GonF running animations?

JinF to Yun Running
ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

Yun to GonF running
ezgif.com-optimize (2).gif

Realistically speaking, is it possible to then let's say swap running animations with NPC animations? For example, Juwol is a GonF blademaster, is it thereotically possible to swap JinF blademaster running animations to Juwol's running animation? Juna is a GonF gunner, would it also work to swap JinF gunner to Juna's running animation? Then again, i don't know what UPK Juwol and Juna's animation are, so if anyone knows, please tell me.

Dorakyura

Cricket
All character animset of older classes, older than Warlock, can't be swapped correctly. It will always result in T-Pose. (at least not with an easy hex edit)
You can swap all new classes no problem, that means you can swap SF Jin Gon and Yun, Gunner Jin Lyn Yun, Warden Jin Gon Lyn and Archer Jin Yun without much effort.

Here an example, where I swaped all Lyn Animations (Idle, Walk, Run and Windwalking) with Yun, only works on Gunner though, same swaps on FM result in T-Pose.

Here a small list of the animation UPKs

Indl1: 00011111.upk
Indl2: 00015902.upk

Slow Walking and Windwalking / Gliding Animations: (to have Yun Animations on Lyn for example, you copy the Yun UPK and rename it to 00011115 and change all necessary information using a hex editor)
00011113.upk Jin
00011114.upk Gon
00011115.upk Lyn
00011116.upk Kun

Running Animations: 00011094.upk, 00011095.upk and 00011096.upk (think, there might be more)

Please note that I'm haven't tested any upk swaps since Awakening Update.

Last edited:

XTGMods

Bamboo Warrior
All character animset of older classes, older than Warlock, can't be swapped correctly. It will always result in T-Pose. (at least not with an easy hex edit)
You can swap all new classes no problem, that means you can swap SF Jin Gon and Yun, Gunner Jin Lyn Yun, Warden Jin Gon Lyn and Archer Jin Yun without much effort.

Here an example, where I swaped all Lyn Animations (Idle, Walk, Run and Windwalking) with Yun, only works on Gunner though, same swaps on FM result in T-Pose.

Slow Walking and Windwalking / Gliding Animations: (to have Yun Animations on Lyn for example, you copy the Yun UPK and rename it to 00011115 and change all necessary information using a hex editor)
00011113.upk Jin
00011114.upk Gon
00011115.upk Lyn
00011116.upk Kun

Running Animations: 00011094.upk, 00011095.upk and 00011096.upk (think, there might be more)

It's almost as if gunner class animation is an anomaly. Because I've tried swapping yun and lyn running and idles on a jin gunner, it all works perfectly okay. But the weirdest thing is that if you swapped Gon female's walking animation with jin female gunner, it actually works, so a jin gunner can end up running like a yun but walking like a gon.

Another anomaly is that, Gon female destroyers can have their standing idle pose switched to a Jin female's standing pose, yet destroyers are gon exclusive. It's really bizarre, is it limitations of the engine or something?

I'm guessing at this point, it's too extreme and difficult to even pinpoint the exact upk file the NPC animations are contained in let alone swapping it on playable characters.

It's pretty stupid for classes to be race locked at this point, but this is all due to developers laziness to actually create new animations for playable character combos like Gon Blademaster & Gunners, Yun Assassins & Warlocks, Jin Forcemasters etc. Yet they bother to create new animations for lyn wardens and even as far as lyn assassins. Lorewise, it is already completely broken and nonsensical due to lyn wardens and assassins, so why not also just create gon gunners and yun warlocks? Then again, NC$oft simply follows the demands of the korean playerbase, and since the koreans love their lolis so much, unlocking all classes for lyn is simply fanservice for them. Oh well, not much we can do to change that.

It makes sense now, hex editing can only do so much, without the proper engine tools, we really can't do anything more than the swaps that are already working.

Dream Angel

Hongmoon
Modder
Donator

00011113.upk Jin
00011114.upk Gon
00011115.upk Lyn
00011116.upk Kun

Is there a Lynsoyun mod? Where is this download?

MeiLi03

Cricket
Finally! Someone did it! Thank you
I'm appreciate this proof of concept, been hoping I can try something like using NPC idle animations. Theirs are pretty unique compare to players!

Last edited:

Noir

Bamboo Warrior
does anyone has a tutorial for this? ... i kinda wanna get rid of the broken legs idle Gon stance / lyn idle stance / jin idle stance to the stance in attachement( many Jin get this idle stance somehow idk why ). and walk/dash all to yun's
T^T
i love yun, but they can't be all classes v.v ( idc about destro-sin-smner-bd)

Attachments

• Screenshot_200107_000.jpg
    Screenshot_200107_000.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 207

LIOR

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
License
intersting i did try to swap the GonF walking to LynF walking and i result in a T-Pose , i edit the animation upk file i using summoner class.

camoqlq

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
[QUOTE =“ Inevertias,帖子:8221,成员:2090”]
Gon女驱逐舰可以将其实质的闲置姿势切换为Jin女的先前姿势
[/引用]
怎么做?
Post automatically merged:

Gon female destroyers can have their standing idle pose switched to a Jin female's standing pose
How to do?

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
Try asking the vietnamese community, they seem to know more on animations.

dreamsunderstars

Cricket
I found the swapper for Jin to Gon F, the only goofy thing is that her weapon (FM) is stuck to her hip. And there's a second when she stops and puts her hand on her hip and then stands normally. So it looks like she's patting her butt. xD

Mimo

Cricket
Hey can i use the original(modded) Yun walking animation but with a different idle animation? Anyone have done this before?

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
We seriously need to learn how to customize animations. The vietnamese and Russ community knows how yet they won't tell anyone whatsoever. Instead of telling people they just upload different animations every few weeks or months which is fine but I rather just LEARN so I won't go around begging for my character dance or gesture to be some flying animation or something.

XTGMods

Bamboo Warrior
Hey can i use the original(modded) Yun walking animation but with a different idle animation? Anyone have done this before?
You can try it, i think it might work, but it may screw up other races' animations.

We seriously need to learn how to customize animations. The vietnamese and Russ community knows how yet they won't tell anyone whatsoever. Instead of telling people they just upload different animations every few weeks or months which is fine but I rather just LEARN so I won't go around begging for my character dance or gesture to be some flying animation or something.
I tried searching for VN or RU modding sites, but i've so far only found a Russian forum about modding this game. And even then, it just seems to be long discussions rather than tutorials and mod sharing. https://4gameforum.com/threads/621560/

I feel like the Chinese modding community may also know about animations, but you would need to pay them to see the mods because i saw many outfit swapping, texture edits, UI addons on their sites all require some sort of real money payment.

I found the swapper for Jin to Gon F, the only goofy thing is that her weapon (FM) is stuck to her hip. And there's a second when she stops and puts her hand on her hip and then stands normally. So it looks like she's patting her butt. xD
Do you mind posting a screenshot here?

Dad

Adventurer
Modder
Donator
That's because for every other region is stuck up on FACEBOOK (only god knows why of all places on the net..) RU also has another site which is a private group. https://vk.com/bnsmod?from=groups

Course clicking the link will tell you what I've already said, if you wanna join them you need to register the site first then input your phone number, bla bla. Then you can ask to join their group and download w/e mods, they also have a pay on custom mods.
Anyway, as if it matters I doubt they'll tell you anything on animations as well.

XTGMods

Bamboo Warrior
That's because for every other region is stuck up on FACEBOOK (only god knows why of all places on the net..) RU also has another site which is a private group. https://vk.com/bnsmod?from=groups

Course clicking the link will tell you what I've already said, if you wanna join them you need to register the site first then input your phone number, bla bla. Then you can ask to join their group and download w/e mods, they also have a pay on custom mods.
Anyway, as if it matters I doubt they'll tell you anything on animations as well.
Thanks for the link at least, appreciate it. I actually already stopped playing this game for some time now, i haven't updated my the NA/EU game folder since like before archer even came out. Still have the Korean client installed just for research purposes and to mess around with things haha.

Top Bottom