• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

How to UE4 Introduction to Texture Modding for BnS UE4 * Updated 12/7/2022*

skylifex

Cricket
I have only used Blender in UE3 to preview how textures would align. I would export a model out of UModel and then import it into Blender only to preview textures. I never imported a model back into the game for UE3 or UE4, so I'm afraid I can't help you with this.

It's my hope to eventually learn how to import 3D models into BnS and make a tutorial available for everyone, as I know there are a few people wanting to learn how to do it. It would also be great if anyone got it done before me and I will never understand why people keep resources to themselves when it comes to modding.
I do understand the inconvenience to some people of being bombarded with questions and troubleshooting but I rather they put they don't wish to be bothered and still get some sort of tutorial out there as a starting point.
I done it but I stuck on animation now

dzieciojadttv

Cricket
hi guys!
I have a question, possibly I am just a complete moron, but I've been struggling with one problem for like 2 weeks and I can't find any solution anywhere.

Long story short - I do everything like in the tutorial, I've red it hundred times, and I am sure I didn't miss a single colon anywhere.

Yet, after repacking my mods, doesn't matter what I do with the textures, or if I don't do anything at all (using source textures) when I load my mods all the clothes become black, like there are no textures at all.
UE version is ok.
Paths are perfectly ok, checked like thousand times.

any mods I try more or less work, some are messed up but they are old, it's fine, but most work ok in the game. Mine? never! always the same black cr*p, no textures at all :(

I can't figure it out, maybe it's a problem with the UE itself, or some kind of lighting?
I'm gonna cry because probably I am a complete idiot, my last hope is in you guys..

Love^muffin

Cricket
hi guys!
I have a question, possibly I am just a complete moron, but I've been struggling with one problem for like 2 weeks and I can't find any solution anywhere.

Long story short - I do everything like in the tutorial, I've red it hundred times, and I am sure I didn't miss a single colon anywhere.

Yet, after repacking my mods, doesn't matter what I do with the textures, or if I don't do anything at all (using source textures) when I load my mods all the clothes become black, like there are no textures at all.
UE version is ok.
Paths are perfectly ok, checked like thousand times.

any mods I try more or less work, some are messed up but they are old, it's fine, but most work ok in the game. Mine? never! always the same black cr*p, no textures at all :(

I can't figure it out, maybe it's a problem with the UE itself, or some kind of lighting?
I'm gonna cry because probably I am a complete idiot, my last hope is in you guys..
Edited Texture must put in right path and Cooked from UE
Check the col file path

dzieciojadttv

Cricket
Edited Texture must put in right path and Cooked from UE
Check the col file path
hi! seriously, thank you so much for replying!
yeah, that's kinda obvious and I checked this like 100 times, paths seems identical in my project, in umodel, and in the xml file
I might attach some SS of the UE project, everything seems fine, yet I always end up with black textures

I've been searching over the net but everything I can find is about some global light sources that are wrong, yet afaik it's just a texture, not a mesh, I am not editing any models, just textures so I got lost

the tutorial is indeed idiot proof and very well explained even for dummies, yet.. ugh, I might be seriously dumb or am facing some rare bug or something :(

Love^muffin

Cricket
hi! seriously, thank you so much for replying!
yeah, that's kinda obvious and I checked this like 100 times, paths seems identical in my project, in umodel, and in the xml file
I might attach some SS of the UE project, everything seems fine, yet I always end up with black textures

I've been searching over the net but everything I can find is about some global light sources that are wrong, yet afaik it's just a texture, not a mesh, I am not editing any models, just textures so I got lost

the tutorial is indeed idiot proof and very well explained even for dummies, yet.. ugh, I might be seriously dumb or am facing some rare bug or something :(
Sometimes Ncshit remove vanilla file of some event or new outfits away from game certain update patch so it might cause black color

Top Bottom