• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Addon Goodbye DPS Boosting Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

16 inches of Chi

Sand Warrior
I use Simple Mode and do better than without Simple Mode.

:bnsshy:

Am I doing it wrong?

https://puu.sh/BEOQy/cddef62c3a.mp4
Are you doing this? You're not supposed to do it like this because it interrupts the second hit of lightning flash which lowers your dps by like a lot, try it on a dummy somewhere.

He ani cancels really fast, but this should be how it's done Moral of the story is if you cancel too hard you cancel your dps.

Well of course I knew that. I meant when it was possible to actually anicancel. I could do it right from 17. Nothing lives long enough for a good test, but so far it seems to be working fine. Here is the patch for settings I use. Oops. Wrong patch. Should have checked before uploading. Right one here now.

I'm not following the conversation super closely but you can do a lvl 50 vouch character and you can try it in the F12 lobby thing, but you can't enable simple mode for that. You can try Cupids fix for that but it has a chance of breaking things so fair warning.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Are you doing this? You're not supposed to do it like this because it interrupts the second hit of lightning flash which lowers your dps by like a lot, try it on a dummy somewhere.

He ani cancels really fast, but this should be how it's done Moral of the story is if you cancel too hard you cancel your dps.

I'm not following the conversation super closely but you can do a lvl 50 vouch character and you can try it in the F12 lobby thing, but you can't enable simple mode for that. You can try Cupids fix for that but it has a chance of breaking things so fair warning.
I'm clearly missing something important being only level 24 still. I can't keep it going forever, I run out of chi. lol

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member

Well, according to my 250ms, missing the 2nd hit wont do anything cause i will always miss it anyway, so....

Yoshi39

Cricket

You're linking the video that I stated the addon was decelerating and accelerating the anicancelling randomly. In the original video I linked that's "without addons" I'm getting the 2nd hit of Lightning Flash just fine in simple mode. My lightning flash/flicker ratio is around 2.28:1 and I get about 2.9 lightning flash per second as well without ExitLag; with it, these ratios increase veeeeery marginally, but at least I can use Q & E better in fights. Anyways, simple mode works out just fine for me, especially after removing X and V from it through addons, rather than tiring my hands trying to achieve 2.5+ LF:F and 3.2+ LF/s respectively. If an addon can improve any of that then of course I'll welcome it too.

conandoyle01

Cricket
You can try dropping all the values that are 0.075 to 0.050. But, at this point the game may start to miss keystrokes.

Also. What are those ratios?
--- Merged ---
More testing, more learning, fun fun!

Turns out that <option name="pending-time" value="1" /> has a small caveat. It's the setting that controls how long a button will stay in the activation queue. Higher values means it's less likely to be ignored or missed. Whelp, turns out the higher value negatively effects RMB in Simple Mode. Slows it down. Higher value = slower Simple Mode. Only effects the RMB in Simple Mode though. Solution? If you're using Simple Mode, set it to 0. If not, set it to 1. If you use Simple Mode on one character, but not another... maybe just leave it at default?

The main summoner rotation belongs to our (2) Skill Thron strike so as i mention it was impossible for me to do higher than 0.68 /sec but keep up the good work

16 inches of Chi

Sand Warrior
Well, according to my 250ms, missing the 2nd hit wont do anything cause i will always miss it anyway, so....

I'm not getting what you mean, it's about letting the skill do it's thing without interrupting it and not about casting it twice so ping shouldn't really matter in that regard? For my semi low ping it cancels the second hit of lightning flash like 50 % of the time because it casts flicker before the skill can finish.

You're linking the video that I stated the addon was decelerating and accelerating the anicancelling randomly. In the original video I linked that's "without addons" I'm getting the 2nd hit of Lightning Flash just fine in simple mode. My lightning flash/flicker ratio is around 2.28:1 and I get about 2.9 lightning flash per second as well without ExitLag; with it, these ratios increase veeeeery marginally, but at least I can use Q & E better in fights. Anyways, simple mode works out just fine for me, especially after removing X and V from it through addons, rather than tiring my hands trying to achieve 2.5+ LF:F and 3.2+ LF/s respectively. If an addon can improve any of that then of course I'll welcome it too.

I tested it just now and for me it canceled lightning flash pretty frequently with no addons on.
And with the video I just wanted to give an example of canceling lightning flash since I'm not sitting on any kind of video myself, I'm not trying to smacktalk the addon or anything.

cupid

Forgiving
Staff member
I'm not getting what you mean, it's about letting the skill do it's thing without interrupting it and not about casting it twice so ping shouldn't really matter in that regard? For my semi low ping it cancels the second hit of lightning flash like 50 % of the time because it casts flicker before the skill can finish.

With my ping, pressing 1 key doesn't always trigger the attack.

And sometimes, clicking 2 keys triggers the 2 attacks with huge delay.

And sometimes, it triggers them right away, as close as possible.

Basically, it is almost impossible to do it right :/

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
With my ping, pressing 1 key doesn't always trigger the attack.

And sometimes, clicking 2 keys triggers the 2 attacks with huge delay.

And sometimes, it triggers them right away, as close as possible.

Basically, it is almost impossible to do it right :/
What's your ping? 250? That would put your GCD bias at 500+. I've had a theory that <option name="pending-time" value="0.300000" /> should be set to a little longer than your own GCD bias. I included a SS of how you can see what it is BNSBuddy. The setting to turn it on is on Page 3. I want you try this. It's not meant to boost your DPS, but it might prevent you from losing keystrokes. The only thing it changes is <option name="pending-time" value="0.300000" /> from 0.3 to 0.750.

Untitled.png

Attachments

• HighGCDBiasFixTest.patch
    223 bytes · Views: 175

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Actually, it is a lot more:

View attachment 869

But anyway, I can try it later and say my results.
Well, I set it to 750ms, so you I'm hoping you still see an improvement. If not, do you know how to edit a mod in the addon creator? Change the value to 900. That should give you a buffer for spikes.

Yaore

Cricket
Is there anything I can do to improve Wind KFM Simple Mode?
I feel like it misses some of the Cyclon Kicks and sometimes it stutter.

Vyzard

Cricket
So, how's it looking for Lightning BD? Any improvements for the Simple Mode?

//Edit: Forgot to add, I'm at around 70-80ms ingame ping when ani-canceling on a Dummy.
//Edit2: I tried out the DPSBoosterTest.patch that dashrem posted on the previous page but that literally cancels out all of my Lightning Flashes in Simple Mode, meaning they don't even get cast.

Last edited:

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
I do not have time to test every class and ping. You're going to have to start using the Addon Creator to edit values and test things yourself. My first post has the default values of everything and what they do. But, because I love you all so much, I am going to explain everything, once more.

These are the values I use, they may or may not work for you. I do not have issues with anicancel, simple mode on or off. This gives me 14% more DPS in perfect conditions. That guy who said it gave him 50% is clearly insane.

FileName = xml[bit].dat.files\\client.config2.xml

Search = <option name="pending-time" value="0.300000" />
Replace = <option name="pending-time" value="0.500" /> -
This controls how much time keystroke will be noticed. I believe setting it higher than your GCD will make it easier to hit strings of keys or the same one multiple times (like SS/backstep). Dropping this to 0 has seems to have negative effects on simple mode.
You can see your GCD bias by turning on the display in Page 3 of the settings in BnS Buddy.

Search = <option name="pending-key-tick-time" value="0.25" />
Replace = <option name="pending-key-tick-time" value="0" />
This tells the client to wait after pressing a key before making it available again. It works for me to turn it off. But maybe it's causing YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW to miss anicancel kicky slashy attacks. Play with it.

Search = <option name="pressed-key-tick-time" value="0.25" />
Replace = <option name="pressed-key-tick-time" value="0.08" />
This tells the client how long a keystroke lasts, regardless of how long you hold it down. Really low values cause interaction bugs. 0.1 is safe. I use 0.08 because I am a bad ass. This may also be causing your Simple Mode anicancels to fail.

Search = <option name="charge-key-tick-time" value="0.25" />
Replace = <option name="charge-key-tick-time" value="0.08" />
This is a mystery setting. I match it to pressed-key-tick-time for prosperity. Play with it and see if you notice something I didn't.

Search = <option name="ignore-mouse-press-time" value="1.000000" />
Replace = <option name="ignore-mouse-press-time" value="0" />
This causes the client to arbitrarily ignore your mouse clicks that are shorter than 1 second long.

Description = Reduces client side input throttling.

God speed.

Vyzard

Cricket
Thanks for that, but no matter if I increase or decrease the values, it simply keeps skipping the Lightning Flash in Simple Mode. Default values work fine in Simple Mode, it just keeps stopping for around 0,5-1sec; doing nothing and then resumes ani-canceling. I thought I could fix that with this, but doesn't seem so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom