• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Addon Goodbye DPS Boosting Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Well i will speak about it as a summoner with 150 ~ 200 ms i was barely hitting 0.68 0.69 TS/Sec that's rly bad cuz the ratio is 0.72 ~ 0.82 ~ 0.82 is perfect after applying that add on i can hold up to 0.725 that's not idle for damage wise but as ratio i'm satisfied with it i don't know if it can be adjusted more to boost up a little bit :D
You can try dropping all the values that are 0.075 to 0.050. But, at this point the game may start to miss keystrokes.

Also. What are those ratios?
--- Merged ---
More testing, more learning, fun fun!

Turns out that <option name="pending-time" value="1" /> has a small caveat. It's the setting that controls how long a button will stay in the activation queue. Higher values means it's less likely to be ignored or missed. Whelp, turns out the higher value negatively effects RMB in Simple Mode. Slows it down. Higher value = slower Simple Mode. Only effects the RMB in Simple Mode though. Solution? If you're using Simple Mode, set it to 0. If not, set it to 1. If you use Simple Mode on one character, but not another... maybe just leave it at default?

Last edited:

Yoshi39

Cricket
Since I'm regrettably having a hard time following this thread: What is the final patch of this add-on? Or one that may be optimized for Lightning BD at around 125-155ms? I saw one that "saikawa" posted in the 1st page of this thread, and someone commented that it boosted their DPS by 50k in the 2nd page too... but it seems like it can disrupt NPC/loot/item interactions??

Last edited:

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Since I'm regrettably having a hard time following this thread: What is the final patch of this add-on? Or one that may be optimized for Lightning BD at around 125-155ms? I saw one that "saikawa" posted in the 1st page of this thread, and someone commented that it boosted their DPS by 50k in the 2nd page too... but it seems like it can disrupt NPC/loot/item interactions??
I've been consolodating all the relevent information and the most cross-compatible version of the patch into my original post.

Yoshi39

Cricket
Oh alright, I just applied the patch prior to the update and it really reduced my DPS as Lightning BD on simplified mode. With the previous addon the game seemed to have a hard time with making the decision to animation cancel Flicker and Lightning Flash. Will try again with new simplified mode ON version.
--- Merged ---
Unfortunately the simplified mode animation cancelling is still wonky with the updated addon, so maybe this is best used for classes that have proc-based attacks like GUNs after all.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Oh alright, I just applied the patch prior to the update and it really reduced my DPS as Lightning BD on simplified mode. With the previous addon the game seemed to have a hard time with making the decision to animation cancel Flicker and Lightning Flash. Will try again with new simplified mode ON version.
--- Merged ---
Unfortunately the simplified mode animation cancelling is still wonky with the updated addon, so maybe this is best used for classes that have proc-based attacks like GUNs after all.
I'll make a BD now and see what I can come up with. Fear not, citizen. :bnslaugh:
--- Merged ---
--- Merged ---
I'll make a BD now and see what I can come up with. Fear not, citizen. :bnslaugh:
Also, if you downloaded Saikawas, that one was everything zero'd out. Basically a prototype. I've done a lot of testing. If you're smashing a lot of button, the simple mode off version would work better for you.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Yeet, dashrem to the rescue
Okay. I thought I would have to level up a bit, but I noticed right away what I think the problem. There is no cooldown between attacks. The cooldown is during the animation, but nothing after. This allows the BDs attacks to accelerate indefinitely, problematically. Try this fix. It's based on the Simple Mode On version. I also took down the 2 mods on the first post until I'm done figuring this out.
What I changed was "pending-key-tick-time". I had it to 0 because I didn't conceive that they would tie ability cooldowns into the animations that way. I changed it to 0.085, giving a quick cooldown after animations between consecutive attacks on the same button. This should be enough to fix your problem. Let me know as soon as you can.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Alright, I will try this out and report back.
Right on. Quick question. You're resetting your files before trying to apply the new mod right? Bbest way it to start the game with the NC launcher once. It resets all the files. That, or changing the values yourself in the Dat Editor. If not, the patching will fail and nothing will change.

Yoshi39

Cricket
I'm restoring the addon through the BnSBuddy tool between each file, then applying the new addon on launch.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
I'm restoring the addon through the BnSBuddy tool between each file, then applying the new addon on launch.
Oh okay, groovy. On my BD now, I can see there is a cooldown after animations now. How's it look to you?

Yoshi39

Cricket
Also, this version is better than the previous, but there's still some significant delays with Flicker and Lightning Flash anicancel. At the moment, without-addon is still giving me superior DPS.
--- Merged ---
I'm trying to see if I can record this or make a gif to show the difference.

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Also, this version is better than the previous, but there's still some significant delays with Flicker and Lightning Flash anicancel. At the moment, without-addon is still giving me superior DPS.
--- Merged ---
I'm trying to see if I can record this or make a gif to show the difference.
So, are you trying to cancel animations early or are they cancelling on you?

Yoshi39

Cricket
It seems like the latter. The next sequence of the animation cancel just has delay to it.
--- Merged ---
I've just finished recording the animation cancelling speed without the addon. Applying the latest addon now and going to record as a reference for comparison.
--- Merged ---
https://puu.sh/BEMzc/69f6e22ebc.mp4 <- Without add-on
https://puu.sh/BEMIK/dcfd5f4520.mp4 <- With add-on

The difference I guess is that without the add-on it seems the animation cancelling is a lot smoother. You can simply hear it just from the audio. With the add-on sometimes the animation cancel seems to delay or accelerate randomly. Probably not the best reference without a DPS meter on either video, but it definitely feels like a DPS loss.

Last edited:

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
Okay. I didn't really understand what anicancelling is. Just finished my research. So this is hurting you because you've trained your body to perform this anicancel at the default input throttling of 250ms. This addon brings it down to 75ms and removes input queues and concecutive keystroke cooldowns. I whipped up another version that makes everything happens at 125ms, input queues are at 1 second for Simple Mode Off since you are gonna be smashing buttons. Theoretically, you should be able to anicancel 2x faster with more stability now.
--- Merged ---
Oops, forgot to put the addon.

Attachments

• BDAniCancel.patch
    759 bytes · Views: 166

Yoshi39

Cricket
I'm actually using simplified mode for these recordings since BD simplified mode does the anicancel for you--should I still download the Simple Mode Off?

dashrem

Bamboo Warrior
Donator
I'm actually using simplified mode for these recordings since BD simplified mode does the anicancel for you--should I still download the Simple Mode Off?
Yes. Clearly anicancels don't follow my previous beliefs when being done by the client. :bnslaugh:
--- Merged ---
Meanwhile, I am gonna see how these effect my Gunslinger.

Yoshi39

Cricket
Unfortunately I won't be able to do any testing for about an hour or so on my BD. I will post again when I can using the Simplified Mode OFF version. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom