• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Tool (Buddy) Dat Editor (2020)

I decided to make this tool to render dat editing easier.
So you won't need BnS Buddy for your dat editing needs.

It works the same way as BnSBuddy does, but you only have to chose the paths manually.

How to use:
(Optional if NA/EU) 0-Press Keys and select the region key you need
1-Press Browse Button (in File Select tab)
1.5-Browse to the folder containing the Dat files you want to manipulate/edit
2-Select the item(dat) in the dropbox on the right of browse button
3-Select the file to edit in the tree below
4-(Editor tab opens automatically) You can do the changes desired to the file
5-CTRL+S to save changes.

DONE

There's also the good old fashion way of compiling/decompiling the whole file
in EXPORT/IMPORT tab

You don't have permission to view content!

You don't have permission to view content!

TL;DR: I will not update this tool or add any features to it.

Last edited:
I am currently trying to properly unpack both the english and taiwanese local dat file.

My questions is: On the Keys & XOR tab, assuming I am unpacking for english, do I use the Only can be used with 2020 -> NA/EU? or as it is 2021, do I use Only to be used with 20+? If it's the latter, do I pick Old Xor or do I pick the New Xor? Similarly in the same vein for the taiwanese dat file, which process should I follow to avoid file corruption.

Thank you,

I am currently trying to properly unpack both the english and taiwanese local dat file.

My questions is: On the Keys & XOR tab, assuming I am unpacking for english, do I use the Only can be used with 2020 -> NA/EU? or as it is 2021, do I use Only to be used with 20+? If it's the latter, do I pick Old Xor or do I pick the New Xor? Similarly in the same vein for the taiwanese dat file, which process should I follow to avoid file corruption.

Thank you,
20+ is 2021
And use new xor for latest xor on the files.
some 2020 files use the old xor and prior.

Figured as much, thank you. Good news it doesn't seem like your program is the reason for the file corruption; rather it seems to be bnsdattool, possibly because the AES for the regions is likely outdated.

Figured as much, thank you. Good news it doesn't seem like your program is the reason for the file corruption; rather it seems to be bnsdattool, possibly because the AES for the regions is likely outdated.
i would think so yea

Hey thanks for sharing this. What if nothing is show when we choose config64 or xml64 in the main windows? I mean that i choose my data folder path but nothing After... In your tool.

Hey thanks for sharing this. What if nothing is show when we choose config64 or xml64 in the main windows? I mean that i choose my data folder path but nothing After... In your tool.
There's presets to use specifically for that.

Top Bottom