• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Solved BNSbuddy priority change issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akulel

Cricket
Hi, since I updated windows I'm having this issue with bns buddy,
basically it switched priority indefinitely, over and over again causing stutter in the game.
The "Changed Priority" seems to happen whenever there's a load on the game, like loading maps, or starting a fight in a 6 man dungeon.
It seems to cause less stutter (and less Change of priority) when the game is not hardware intensive, whenever I run dungeons solo or just stay in open world.
I need help, the stuttering and overall fps drop makes the game unplayable in raids and effect-intensive dungeons.

Dokodo

Cricket
Do you have maybee an other programs who defines the priority of bns? like Process Lasso?

Akulel

Cricket
No, I do not. I've fresh installed this windows a week ago, and have barely any program besides bns.

Akulel

Cricket
So apparently I can't change the game priority whenever i run the game through bnsbuddy. I can change it if I run the game through the launcher.

Last edited:

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
So apparently I can't change the game priority all together, even manually without bnsbuddy.
You dont use exitlag either?

if you do, disable priority settings in it.

If not, try disabling gaming mode on win10. Hope this works for you

Akulel

Cricket
I only use pingzapper and it has no optimization tools. I just tested running the game through the launcher and apparently I am able to change the priority using task manager. If I run the game through bnsbuddy, it doesn't let me do it.

Akulel

Cricket
Alright, found the solution. I can just close buddy after the game is launched and then I can change the priority manually.

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, found the solution. I can just close buddy after the game is launched and then I can change the priority manually.
so windows is overwriting the priority over buddy.
and buddy puts it back. normal behaviour. its windows gaming mode

Amduscas

Cricket
I'm having this same issue, and wanted to add that even if I disable Boost Process Priority in bns buddy, it will still fill the log with Changed Priority.

Endless

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
I'm having this same issue, and wanted to add that even if I disable Boost Process Priority in bns buddy, it will still fill the log with Changed Priority.
it's a different feature

They're seperate features
"Boost Priority": When game is focused, windows puts more resources on the game.
Then there is Priority: Select how aggresive the priority is set on the process.
Post automatically merged:

I assume the cause of the issue was found.
Marked as solved and closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom