• Hi Guest! To get rid of ads on the page, please consider donating through user upgrades or other methods.

Other d912pxy from GW2, now supports BnS!

Striking Shadow

Cricket

I took this from the GW2 reddit sub after I saw that the guy that made it have finally taken out of beta AND started to make this support BnS.
Granted, because he only started adding the BnS support to it, it will be buggy as hell at start but the guy will gladly take any bug report and will try to fix them asap.

What this does basically makes the game make calls for DX12 instead of DX9 therefore increasing GPU load and lessens CPU load as a result. The amount may vary between PC rigs but with most PCs today and how BnS currently functions, this should increase or at least give a more stable FPS in the game.
This works better the better your GPU is.

This is the link for the install instructions: https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/wiki/Installing-for-Blade-&-Soul

For statistics of how good this is you can just check the GitHub page, but as me being a personal user of this on my GW2 game, with a GTX1080ti and a 3.3 Ghz 6 cores CPU(not overclocked), I can 100% say that this does make a big difference in performance with much more stable FPS in GW2 and overall higher FPS as well.

Again, the guy has only started adding the support of this to BnS, so expect a lot of bugs, and hopefully with your help of submitting reports of said bugs, it will, in the end be a flawless addon to this game, and hopefully band-aid the most complained issue in this game, being performance. Basically he just added the option for it to work with BnS with not much bugs checking so use are your own risk.

For any bugs/crashes/whatever, please post them on the GitHub page so the creator can see and fix asap.

EDIT: at first you may see a black screen where you should insert pin, just wait a bit because it loads assets. The creator has made the official post about on the bns reddit

EDIT2: the creator of d912pxy have said that it currently overutilizes GPU. From my own understanding you may need a good GPU to use this. If your GPU isn't very good I suggest to not use this until a better version comes out.

EDIT3: some particle effects may be overblown at start. This is the creators response to that: that is mostly unprofiled shaders bug, you need to run game with enable_profiling=1 for a time being and then remove shader cache and run it without that option. otherwise some transparent effects/graphics and shadows will be broken.

EDIT4: for more context about d912pxy, the official post on bns subreddit made by the creator:

Last edited:

MarjoKun

Cricket
Tested, on raid still 5-9 fps with 3rd spec bm so no difference..

i5 6500
gtx 970
16gb ram 2133

Exora

True Hongmoon
unknown.png
oh well :bnsphew:

Aliotzg

Cricket
Not sure what is in my case my game flash quit after the initial monk splash pic never has the chance go in the game. I follow the instruction copy the dx12 folder and d3d9 to bin64 but seem d3d9 prevent the game starting. the game will start normally if I delete d3d9 in bin64.

Healiha

Cricket
As someone wrote on bns academy discord, here are the steps to follow if you want to make it work:
  1. Copy folder to 64bit client folder (same as Client.exe)
  2. Copy d912pxy/dll/release/d3d9.dll to same folder as Client.exe
  3. Start the game to generate config.ini (starting with bnsbuddy works fine)
  4. Close the game
  5. Edit config.ini to following values:
    Code:
    allow_realtime_checks=1
    occlusion=1clear=0
    cpu_api_reduction=1
    batch_commit=1
    omrt_viewport_reset=1
    draw_up_buffer_length=FFFFF
    enable_profiling=1
  6. Delete all .pck files in d912pxy/pck/
  7. Start the game again and go ingame
  8. Wait until the area you currently are in have fully loaded, then quit the game (don't press "kill game" in bnsbuddy or crash it in any other way)
  9. Edit config.ini again to:
    Code:
    enable_profiling=0
  10. Delete all .pck-files EXCEPT shader_profiles.pck
  11. Start the game as you usually do. The first time you close the game after this you want to avoid the "kill game"-feature in bns buddy, but afterwards it's ok to kill/crash the game again
Sidenotes
  • You WILL be bald first time you log in
  • It is ok to get several runtime errors during the process. Check if it worked anyway or restart the game.
  • If you get a black screen when pin is supposed to show up you should just wait and it'll come sooner or later á la NCSOFT (will only happen the first few times)
  • First time you see a texture it will take som time to load (floor, walls, people etc.)
  • You might want to change effects to low if you haven't already
  • The longer I played the smoother it got
Hope this helps

Thanks to Mejsle for the guide​

Last edited:

lixado

Cricket
As someone wrote on bns academy discord, here are the steps to follow if you want to make it work:
  1. Copy folder to 64bit client folder (same as Client.exe)
  2. Copy d912pxy/dll/release/d3d9.dll to same folder as Client.exe
  3. Start the game to generate config.ini (starting with bnsbuddy works fine)
  4. Close the game
  5. Edit config.ini to following values:
    Code:
    allow_realtime_checks=1occlusion=1clear=0
    cpu_api_reduction=1
    batch_commit=1
    omrt_viewport_reset=1
    draw_up_buffer_length=FFFFF
    enable_profiling=1
  6. Delete all .pck files in d912pxy/pck/
  7. Start the game again and go ingame
  8. Wait until the area you currently are in have fully loaded, then quit the game (don't press "kill game" in bnsbuddy or crash it in any other way)
  9. Edit config.ini again to:
    Code:
    enable_profiling=0
  10. Delete all .pck-files EXCEPT shader_profiles.pck
  11. Start the game as you usually do. The first time you close the game after this you want to avoid the "kill game"-feature in bns buddy, but afterwards it's ok to kill/crash the game again
Sidenotes
  • You WILL be bald first time you log in
  • It is ok to get several runtime errors during the process. Check if it worked anyway or restart the game.
  • If you get a black screen when pin is supposed to show up you should just wait and it'll come sooner or later á la NCSOFT (will only happen the first few times)
  • First time you see a texture it will take som time to load (floor, walls, people etc.)
  • You might want to change effects to low if you haven't already
  • The longer I played the smoother it got
Hope this helps
I only tested it for like 30 mins? I assume you have played with it for a few hours, how is it? Any screenshots? Videos? tests?

lixado

Cricket
It didnt happen during the game, it happens on launching the game. I cant even get ingame.
oh, for me i only crashed 1 time and it was when i pressed print sc to take a screenshot. Otherwise working decent. But ye i would like to test it for longer periods of time. This definitely looks like it can work in the future.
Try to install it clean again.

Healiha

Cricket
I only tested it for like 30 mins? I assume you have played with it for a few hours, how is it? Any screenshots? Videos? tests?
I haven't tested enough as of now, only something like 3 hours. Feels great although as the dev said, it's not at the point where it's a huge increase in performances. I'll give it a try during my ET raid today and get back with so feedback.
Only screenshot I have right now is this one from in front of ET
unknown.png

Game was running with all graphical parameters at max value.
I'll try to record some in game footage to share with you.

Don't forget that bns support is still in development phase, use it at your won risk.

Holol

Cricket
Definitely looking forward for full release for bns! First time ever it's actually using my gpu and fps is much better. Only down side is some scuffed effects and texture loading times.

Deadonkeyboard

Bamboo Warrior
hmmmm i just got black screen,
I can see the bns mouse pointer, hear the sound and if I press the security keys (blindly), I can also hear the sound of it.
all overlays are closed.

My graphics card is a gtx970m
ah and i did it as Healiha wrote above

lixado

Cricket
hmmmm i just got black screen,
I can see the bns mouse pointer, hear the sound and if I press the security keys (blindly), I can also hear the sound of it.
all overlays are closed.

My graphics card is a gtx970m
ah and i did it as Healiha wrote above
That sounds like you didnt follow the instructions clearly or you just didnt wait enough. For me it took 10 seconds for the first loading into the pin loading screen and my screen was black but worked after 10 seconds. This is very recent and problably not for anyone to use this, just for people that know what they are doing, so just wait sread the word and maybe support the guy and he will make a better way to install it.

Deadonkeyboard

Bamboo Warrior
well, It's not so hard to follow these simple steps.

but i think i found out what i did wrong.
some time ago i followed an "performance" guide
where you had to delet the 2 BNS profiles with nvidia inspector.
i just reinstalled graphic driver and now it works ^^

but is it normal that everything is so bright at first start ?

ashurakotaro

Cricket
Friend tried it out as Lightning (Shadow) Sin and he says that he was missing inputs during anicancelling (might be related to Macro, which he is using). His macro works fine w/o this addon/mod.

Top Bottom